Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What I've figured out so far...and diagnostic tool ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 07:58 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What I've figured out so far...and diagnostic tool ??

Ok, So from what I've learned on this forum so far, I need a LR specific code reader and the Nanocom Evolution is one that will allow me to do some programming. I looked at the website and did not find a lot of specific info. Will the Nanocom allow me to program new keys and allow me to reset the vehicle's computer to kill the sls system? I finally figured out that the electrical clicking coming from under the chassis was the sls compressor...explains why the battery was draining when my dad had the car as a backup, but is not draining to the point of dead with me using it as a daily driver. I had coils installed, so I am assuming that the folks who did this did not reset anything and the sls is constantly trying to adjust the no longer present air suspension. I'd rather reprogram the vehicle than to unplug the unit, because I am going to get it lifted and get larger tires and I don't want to keep experiencing warning lights and tones etc. I'm hoping that this issue might also be causing some of my three-amigo problems as well. I am also using aftermarket keys that are a bear to get to work, and I want to buy some new remote keys and program them. If the nanocom will do this, it will pay for itself.

Before I buy the keys, however, I want to know if I can get someone to install a remote ignition system at a reasonable cost. I live in Indiana, and being able to start the car remotely and heat it up when it's below zero would be huge. Can this be done? Can it be done without causing the onboard computer system to go totally schizo? It seems like any non-factory modification you make to these vehicles will open up a huge and annoying can of worms on steroids. I'd like the luxury of remote start, but I'll deal with the cold if it is going to cause me vehicle computer warning headaches for the rest of the vehicles life. Thanks in advance. Eric

Old 06-09-2015, 08:47 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

I can partially help.

I can confirm the Nanocam can reprogram keys. Nanocom have YouTube videos of how to do it. If you get a second hand key innards, be sure it has the code on a sticker on the back. I've heard reports of keys being sold, but not having the code.

You can also pick and choose what warnings to have sound at you, for instance, seatbelt, doors open, key in ignition. If you wish to turn those off.

You can also use it to turn off super lock.

I havnt heard of anyone fitting remote start to their d2, but I'm relatively new. A friend of mine had it fitted to something else, it was amazing.

Good luck.