Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what kind of pipes do ya'll like?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb what kind of pipes do ya'll like?

i'm looking to put some kind of pipe on my truck ... be it a glass pack or a flowmaster , but i would like to see how you all feel about them, and see what ya'll think. i'm leaning towards the glass packs, but i'm not sure how it will pan out. so what do ya'll think?
and maybe what are ya'll running for the people who have went for something other than stock
thanks

Old 10-05-2009, 12:52 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I like the stock system with the resonator remove. Glasspacks tend to resonate inside the vehicle which is why I stay away from them.

Old 10-05-2009, 01:46 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I vote for stock with resonator removed if you're looking for a deeper sound. Personally I like the stock exhaust with the resonator....stealth mode.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:56 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Me 3.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have heard a D2 with a glass pack and a rear resonator. A little too poppy for my taste. If you want it to be louder, cut off the rear resonator and be sure to turn it out/down or you may lose your bumper light. See how you like that and go from there. Worst case is you weld it back on (like I did). Search Land Rover Discovery exhaust on you tube to find some different posts.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:26 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

k sorry for takeing so long to get back on here, classes are rough at times, i all ready have gotten rid of the rear resonator and it's not loud at all in my taste, (it was all ready gone when we got it, I'm looking for more sound and i would like to hear it inside the truck when i don't have the radio at a 110 db, you know start the truck and **** off the neighbors, when i leave for pt in the morning. I'm looking for more sound but i don't want to sound like crap ether

Old 10-06-2009, 12:33 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

go with a flowmaster if you've got the extra cash to spend. I'm guessing you must be kind of young, once you get to be an old timer like me and mike you'll want to put that stock exhaust back on.

Old 10-06-2009, 01:39 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

zoomiez... eight short pipes comin straight out the hood!!!

Old 10-06-2009, 01:52 PM
TReK
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Loud exhaust is a good way to get the kind of attention from your neighbors that you don't want. Noise ordinance violations can get expensive in a hurry. I'm guessing you're military from the mention of leaving for PT in the morning. Your CO getting a call that your truck is disturbing the neighbors is not a good thing either.

Old 10-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator
Received 104 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by AK Rover
Loud exhaust is a good way to get the kind of attention from your neighbors that you don't want. Noise ordinance violations can get expensive in a hurry. I'm guessing you're military from the mention of leaving for PT in the morning. Your CO getting a call that your truck is disturbing the neighbors is not a good thing either.
Maybe he is the CO.

Quick Reply: what kind of pipes do ya'll like?