Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Lift Kit do you recommend??

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator
Received 104 Likes on 12 Posts
Default What Lift Kit do you recommend??

Hello All,

I would like your recommendations for a 2 inch lift KIT. I was looking at

http://www.dap-inc.com/acc/app/d2/d2...usp.shtml#susp

Or I can buy individual components to correctly achieve a 1.5 or 2 inch lift. Please tell me your pro's and con's about your setups too!

Thanks.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: What Lift Kit do you recommend??

Alot of guys on here like the Rover Tyme lift kits. They seem to be good kits for the price.
But they will chime in with more info.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:50 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spike is right. I like RTE, but that's just me. All of their products are great. The RTE's usually net 1/2" above the rated lift amount to compensate for HD bumpers, winches and sliders that will make them settle back to the 2" or 3" of lift. What are your off road plans for your truck? Do you do much towing. If that's the only set of Big Blues that is offered they may not suit your needs. For example RTE offers both a linear and progressive spring. I'm running RR4-1 Front Linear/RR1-2 Rear Linear. The OME spring also comes in a variety of spring rates, though you'd probably want the HD set, not the medium. I also run the OME N107 and N108 shocks.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:52 PM
Winching

RTE 2" lift w/ OME shocks.

Old 09-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Here's an OME kit that you can piece together. If you have questions call Tony at Cerrone's, they run that store. You'll also need a steering damper when you get the lift.

Operated by: Cerrone's European
2306 El Camino Real Redwoood City, CA. 94063
Business Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-5pm PT
(650) 365-4145 Ph. (650) 365-4183 Fax
Toll Free: 1-800-736-7992

Old 09-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator
Received 104 Likes on 12 Posts

I live in St. Croix USVI so the 7 miles by 21 miles chunk of island I live on does not offer extreme trails but there are some off road areas that look like a 2" lift would be nice just for clearance and better articulation plus wading depth. I EVENTUALLY would like to add a front brush guard / bumper w / winch setup and rear bumper and roof rack. So i must take the added weight into consideration right.

Then protective coverings for the underside. I WONT be towing anything unless i'm rescuing a Jeep and of course like all of you have recommended, the front d/s is my 1st priority. so withing the next month or so I will be ordering the tom woods d/s. then i will actually go on some more adventures to really decide if getting such a lift would be worth it for my small excursions.

Thanks!

Old 09-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Sounds like a good plan. Drive it stock for a while to get a feel for what it can do, then add mods where needed.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:52 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

ORIGINAL: Disco2Guy

Sounds like a good plan. Drive it stock for a while to get a feel for what it can do, then add mods where needed.
X2.
And plan ahead. If you are going to add a HD bumper and winch then youi might want the HD springs.If you install the mediums now and then add the extra weight later...you just dont want to do the job twice.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:19 PM
Overlanding

I used the DAP Bearmach kit on my Disco I and it was great offroad and netted just over 2" lift. My current DiscoII has the OME and It netted pretty close to 2" as well. I do not have a winch and don't plan on getting one. My truck does have ACE and it still handles like a slot car.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:18 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

First what are you going to be doing with your truck once lifted, will you have a winch and bumper?
Both RTE and OME have different lifts, not based on the height but the load rating which is important to figure when you are picking what you want.
I always suggest an an OME lift with 751 front cooils and 762 rear coils along with their HD shocks, this will work on all trucks set up to go play hard. One spring rating lighter in the front, 779 coils if no winch, bumper, sliders and no intention of doing HD wheeling.

Quick Reply: What Lift Kit do you recommend??