Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What lift with ...? Long term planning!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 03:59 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

love my OME 2" HD lift, especially if youre going to have heavy bumpers

Old 11-17-2014, 04:14 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by trialrun
love my OME 2" HD lift, especially if youre going to have heavy bumpers
Bumpers are not that heavy. Front will be 82 pounds and rear will be 90 pounds. Since you are removing the olds, I would say the stock front is about 50 pounds and the stock rear is about 60 pounds.

I would only be adding 60 pounds total, plus another 20 pounds for a wench.

From everything I am reading, the OME are way too harsh unless you REALLY load them down.

I debating between TF Heavy or Mediums. But can't find the TF kit with Medium Springs and Pro Sport Shocks.

Old 11-17-2014, 04:19 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by cybercop
Bumpers are not that heavy. Front will be 82 pounds and rear will be 90 pounds. Since you are removing the olds, I would say the stock front is about 50 pounds and the stock rear is about 60 pounds.

I would only be adding 60 pounds total, plus another 20 pounds for a wench.

From everything I am reading, the OME are way too harsh unless you REALLY load them down.

I debating between TF Heavy or Mediums. But can't find the TF kit with Medium Springs and Pro Sport Shocks.
Rear is about 13lbs and about the same for the front FYI

Old 11-17-2014, 04:27 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
Rear is about 13lbs and about the same for the front FYI
WOW, Really!

I've never seen a rear bumper taken off, but I have seen the front bumper covers taken off. That metal bumper bar behind the front bumper covers HAS to weigh more than 13 pounds.

Or do you not remove that when putting on a TF Slim front bumper?

Old 11-17-2014, 04:48 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by cybercop
WOW, Really!

I've never seen a rear bumper taken off, but I have seen the front bumper covers taken off. That metal bumper bar behind the front bumper covers HAS to weigh more than 13 pounds.

Or do you not remove that when putting on a TF Slim front bumper?
The front with the metal is probably 30lbs maybe, it's been a while since I removed one. The rear is definitely 13 or so

Old 11-17-2014, 05:06 PM
Recovery Vehicle

The front with the metal is probably 30lbs maybe, it's been a while since I removed one. The rear is definitely 13 or so
So, with what I plan to put on the truck, do you think I should get the TF Heavys instead of the Mediums?

Old 11-17-2014, 06:19 PM
Camel Trophy

Nope.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:28 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 159 Likes on 112 Posts

You mean RTE 4.5"???

I am fully skidded/armored and still got like 4" from that kit
I don't know how much I got out of it. It looks badass though!! Went to the 3" because I had a slight rub up front when taking bumps. But I can definitely say that I should have gone with the 3" initially. The longer you own one of these hunks of garbage the more crap you bolt on to it( more weight).

To answer cybercops shock question I have the Terra Firma + shocks installed. I had them with the 2" coils and to be completely honest there was no difference between them and the 12 year old stock ones they replaced. I briefly considered returning them but was to lazy to take the off and reinstall the old ones. What I am getting at is once you put aftermarket coils on DII 's the ride quality decreases exponentially.

Old 11-17-2014, 09:53 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Thanks Frank,

I know its not going to ride like a luxury Range Rover, be honest, I kinda like the giddy truck feel.

Maybe I will just spend the extra on RTE Springs now, put with some Terrafirma Pro Shocks, and get some other nice shocks later.

Does the 3" RTE compare to the Terrafirma HDs, or are they a softer spring with another inch of lift?

Old 11-17-2014, 10:07 PM
Camel Trophy

Originally Posted by Frank4
I don't know how much I got out of it. It looks badass though!! Went to the 3" because I had a slight rub up front when taking bumps. But I can definitely say that I should have gone with the 3" initially. The longer you own one of these hunks of garbage the more crap you bolt on to it( more weight).

To answer cybercops shock question I have the Terra Firma + shocks installed. I had them with the 2" coils and to be completely honest there was no difference between them and the 12 year old stock ones they replaced. I briefly considered returning them but was to lazy to take the off and reinstall the old ones. What I am getting at is once you put aftermarket coils on DII 's the ride quality decreases exponentially.
Add your measurements to this thread - https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...s-56226/page7/

Quick Reply: What lift with ...? Long term planning!