Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is wrong with these pictures/Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is wrong with these pictures/Cruise Control

So I have read a lot of posts but am still trying to figure this out. I put in a new brake switch, that wasn't it. I figured I would start cheap and easy though. So now I am trying to track down vacuum lines and thought this might be a good start. Is there anything obviously wrong with these pictures?

Name:  IMG_0035.jpg
Views: 1815
Size:  90.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0033.jpg
Views: 2383
Size:  56.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0032.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  42.5 KB

Old 02-17-2008, 06:20 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: What is wrong with these pictures/Cruise Control

I dont see anything wrong with the pics. I assume that your cruise isint working. And you have a D1 I see from your avatar.
The most common problem is a vacum leak. I assume that your switch on the dash lights up meaning that you have power to it.
Look at all of your vacum lines not just the ones at the throttle. The cruise control module is on the pass fender, follow your throttle body vacum lines to their point of orgin, mine was leaking at the control module. Liquid tape and its been working for almost a year now.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

It is a D2.

Does your cruise control light come on, if so, then you need to remove and most likely replace the 3 lines at the pump and check the line that goes to the brake switch, it has to be one or more of theses leaking which is ever so common.

Old 02-18-2008, 03:16 PM
Three Wheeling

Yes, my light comes on. I checked the hoses and they are good, in fact very new. I have a feeling something is not hooked up right, because I see no vacuum line going to the brake switch and can't track anything from inside the engine going there.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:17 AM
Mudding

I have the same problem on my D1, the light comes on but it doesn't set, the only thing I did notice that my cruise control pump is under the power steering pump and i notice it has a small leek in the hose which fell on the pump covering it power fluid, but my lines seem to be great, the only thing left is the switch on the breaks but im not sure how to test it.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:36 AM
jmt
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You forgot to hit the macro button when taking close-ups?

Old 02-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Three Wheeling

Was that a question, or a statement? Yes I guess I did forget to hit the macro button.

I didn't mean to offend anyone... Just looking for a little help.

Thanks

Old 02-19-2008, 07:21 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: kjordan

Was that a question, or a statement? Yes I guess I did forget to hit the macro button.

I didn't mean to offend anyone... Just looking for a little help.

Thanks
My guess is that jmt was trying to be funny and his post was in response to your question. That was all he could find wrong....

Follow the line back fron the diaphragm. It should go back to a t fitting. Then one goes through the firewall to the brake switch, and the other goes to the cruise pump in the front of the engine.

Oh yeah, you have to be going over 27MPH. When I was fixing mine, I actually had it fixed, but was going through the neighborhood testing and never got going fast enough...

Old 02-20-2008, 09:29 AM
1st Gear

Hey Guys!
New to the forum here...
Ironically, my cruise control went out and I was browsing the web trying to find a new cruise control pump, when I came across this forum! I guess, from what I've been reading, it's safe to assume, if you have the light coming on, in the dash...
You are definitely getting power to the pump? Which means the pump is good, and it's for sure a leak somewhere in the vacuum tubes?

Just wanted to get a confirmation on this...

Not too knowledgeable about these cruise controls.. and would much rather purchase vacuums tubes instead of a new pump!

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Overlanding

Am I wrong or is there a missing tube at the bottom of the unit in the 2nd photo. There's a line heading off at 90 degrees but it seems to me that the glaring white plastic piece facing what appears to be downshould have something running to/from it.

Before you all scream at me for being a dork I have a disclaimer:I don't know anything about anything. I just saw what looks to be an undressed fitting.

Now please read my entry w/the subject "Bad Gas". thanks

Quick Reply: What is wrong with these pictures/Cruise Control