Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is wrong when...?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 02:39 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what is wrong when...?

After I brake and come to a stop I just noticed that there is a "vibrating" noise coming from under the passenger side dash....sounds like a pump or small compressor of some sort.....?

Old 12-24-2007, 03:01 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: what is wrong when...?

What year, model and mileage??????

Old 12-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Drifting

sorry mike...

'99 disco II ....115K

L

Old 12-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Administrator

Uncommon on a 99 D2, but do you have secondary air, an emission control device, a blower mounted on the passenger side of the firewall? If so, that is your noise, how long has it been doing it?

Old 12-24-2007, 07:40 PM
Drifting

I am pretty in tune with sounds thata disco makes.....so I am pretty confident that it just started in the past few days......could it be a Cd changer noise? I had my brother upside down in the car while driving trying to hear where it was coming from???? I am not aware of any extra devices on the firewall...it was a california car many moons ago....does their strict emmisions require anything that might have been put a long time ago???? it really seems to start after I brake.....

Old 12-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Turn off the heater control power switch and your radio, then go drive it again.

Old 12-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Drifting

I'll try it again tomorrow...I think when was driving earlier though I had everything off ( radio and A/c) to try and isolate it and it was still doing it....

Old 12-25-2007, 09:40 AM
Mudding

I have a 99 disco with secondary air and my truck does the same thing. Discotx, does it happen as soon as the car comes to a stop? Also, does it sound exactly like the cd player is changing disks or something (the noise is not that loud and comes from right under the passenger seat sounding more like something electrical then mechanical). Well if it does then I have good news and bad news. The good news is that like I said I have had the same sound in my truck since it was new and there doesnt seem to be anything wrong (however it is annoying i guess). The bad news is is that I have no idea what causes it so I can't really help you make it stop. I just tell people that it is the self leveling suspension kicking in and I get alot of ohhs and ahhs out of that so i suggest you do the same. Well, hope that helps. Happy Holidays

Old 12-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Drifting

What is secondary air? And yes it does happen right after I stop....and it does soundcd player related....but I am nearly positive it has just started to do it though....well that is good news if nothing is wrong....

Old 12-25-2007, 08:13 PM
Mudding

Secondary air is if you have a separate control for the air conditioning in the back seat.

Quick Reply: what is wrong when...?