Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats this plug??

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 10:21 AM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats this plug??

Whats this plug??-seat.jpg

Passenger heated seat works ok, drivers side not working. Checked fuse ok. Switch light stays on but no heat. Checked under drivers seat and saw this plug unattached, there are 2 wires in the back of it - 1 black, the other red/white stripe. Can't see anywhere for it to plug in to. Is it the answer to my no heat problem? Does anyone know where it goes? Any advice appreciated.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:23 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Download a copy of RAV from this site it will help you in the future and now with this question. I will look it up when I get to the shop.

Old 10-14-2015, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

Black and red with white looks to be for the seat belt switch.

Old 10-14-2015, 01:34 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

As already said, that connector (C0100) is for the driver's seat belt buckle switch.

If the tell-tale light on the switch illuminates in the 'on' position - then, there is power to the switch.

With the switch, switched 'on', check that you have a voltage on terminal 1 of the 5-way Brown connector under the seat (Blue/Grey cable).

If you have a voltage at this terminal - then, you should be checking for a voltage at the seat heater module connector -

Orange/White cable on terminal 2, is its input

Pink cable on terminal 4, is its output

If you have a voltage at both of these points - then it's almost certain that one of your seat heating elements has failed open-circuit.

The two elements (seat cushion, and seat back) are wired in series - so, if one fails, neither get hot.

Last edited by PaulMc; 10-14-2015 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:59 AM
8th Gear

Thanks for that info. With regards to the belt buckle switch - where does it go? I guess it's not supposed to be loose under the seat as it is?

Old 10-16-2015, 08:02 AM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the same question!

Attached Thumbnails Whats this plug??-14450004899451350230181.jpg   Whats this plug??-14450005360341908677473.jpg  
Old 10-16-2015, 08:19 AM
Mudding
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by hokkabaz
I have the same question!
Those are for a heated windshield.

The following 2 users liked this post by BackInA88:
georgep (10-19-2015), hokkabaz (10-16-2015)
Old 10-16-2015, 09:43 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr R
Thanks for that info. With regards to the belt buckle switch - where does it go? I guess it's not supposed to be loose under the seat as it is?

Are you the same 'Mr R' who posted the same question on LandyZone ?

If so, as you're in the UK - the seat belt buckle warning light circuit is not implemented in this market - so, the connector is not connected to anything.

Also, the wiring colours I gave in my earlier post about your heated seat, will not be correct - as, this being a US forum, I gave the colours for the LH front 'driver's' seat.

Old 10-16-2015, 09:55 AM
8th Gear

[QUOTE=PaulMc;539047]Are you the same 'Mr R' who posted the same question on LandyZone ?

If so, as you're in the UK - the seat belt buckle warning light circuit is not implemented in this market - so, the connector is not connected to anything.

Also, the wiring colours I gave in my earlier post about your heated seat, will not be correct - as, this being a US forum, I gave the colours for the LH front 'driver's' seat.

Yes I am Paul! That's good to know about the loose connector - I just saw it dangling around under my drivers seat whilst trying to sort the problem of the seat not heating up. Going back to the heated seat - the fact that the car has hardly been used before I got it, I can't help thinking it's going to be something easy, also the passenger side works ok (according to my wife!). There's only the one fuse for both seats isn't there? The switch lights and stays lit but no heat from the seat. Any ideas?

Old 10-16-2015, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator
Received 95 Likes on 90 Posts

I'd check all of the fuses and relays first, then I'd start check for power at different locations along the way to the elements.

Oh, also I've seen the power window switches go bad if someone spills a beverage on them, so I imagine the heated seat switches might have a similar sensitivity. Maybe you could swap the two switches and see if the problem changes seats.

Quick Reply: Whats this plug??