Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel Speed Sensor Brackets

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 10:25 AM
TReK
Received 313 Likes on 289 Posts
Default Wheel Speed Sensor Brackets

Does everyone have the wheel speed sensor brackets? I have replaced both front speed sensors, and am still getting a low output left front sensor output. Sensor is a few weeks old.

I don't have either of the brackets for the front, so I am wondering if the sensor is getting damaged.

The code did not go off for about thirty minutes, including both city and highway driving, then while braking the amigos went off.

Old 11-16-2016, 11:08 AM
Winching
Received 119 Likes on 93 Posts

Do you mean the bracket that supports the cable? I don't have extras (sorry) but unless the cable is cut or damaged, the sensor should not be affected.

Old 11-16-2016, 01:00 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Red5
Do you mean the bracket that supports the cable? I don't have extras (sorry) but unless the cable is cut or damaged, the sensor should not be affected.
That is what I mean. The two front brackets behind the hub are gone. I am having issues with wheel sensors.

I am going to look at the brakes etc. this weekend. Maybe it is unrelated.

Old 11-16-2016, 01:39 PM
Winching

So you had a problem with the sensor, replaced it, and the issue returned. Makes me think it's a wiring issue and not the actual sensor. Brakes and brackets shouldn't play into it.

Have you checked the plug connection and the connection at the SLABS module? Is the hub itself in good shape?

Old 11-16-2016, 01:50 PM
TReK

So you had a problem with the sensor, replaced it, and the issue returned. Makes me think it's a wiring issue and not the actual sensor. Brakes and brackets shouldn't play into it.

Have you checked the plug connection and the connection at the SLABS module? Is the hub itself in good shape?
I swapped in a different SLABS ECU. The hubs on the front are three months old.

The Hub is on there rock solid.

The front left sensor is a few weeks old, and is wired through the firewall and soldered in so no chance something behind the dash is bad. The right front sensor is brand new.There are a couple of splices on the right sensors wire, but they are soldered really, really well.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:32 PM
Winching

Well, I got nothing then.

I have read that worn pads and/or rotors can send vibes through the tone ring and cause some weirdness in the sensor, never actually seen it though.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:35 PM
TReK

Well, I got nothing then.

I have read that worn pads and/or rotors can send vibes through the tone ring and cause some weirdness in the sensor, never actually seen it though.
The pads and rotors are not even a year old! I am going to inspect the caliper this weekend. The pins, and boots were lubricated and new, too. One of the rear calipers had been sticking prior to the last brake job, and that never did a thing to the ABS< but the front do much more of the braking.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:52 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by CollieRover
The pads and rotors are not even a year old! I am going to inspect the caliper this weekend. The pins, and boots were lubricated and new, too. One of the rear calipers had been sticking prior to the last brake job, and that never did a thing to the ABS< but the front do much more of the braking.
the amigos are going off intermittently, but not throwing a "hard code" so upon start up the ((abs)) light is in but goes off. They may appear after a few minutes or not at all. TC seemed to be working on snow.

I will have to wait until I have a garage and can take a look at the front left sensor.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:13 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

As an electrician, I hate seeing soldered wires. If they're spliced and soldered more than once, I'd re-run new wires and put in OE type connectors for the sensor separate from the computer. Splices are bad and can have an effect on the voltage. Enough little solder points will create enough of a volt drop to make the computer think there's a faulty sensor, when in fact it's the wiring that's clearly bad.

Old 12-15-2016, 09:10 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by Twix
As an electrician, I hate seeing soldered wires. If they're spliced and soldered more than once, I'd re-run new wires and put in OE type connectors for the sensor separate from the computer. Splices are bad and can have an effect on the voltage. Enough little solder points will create enough of a volt drop to make the computer think there's a faulty sensor, when in fact it's the wiring that's clearly bad.
I would really like to re-pin the wires for the wheel speed sensors at the connector, but not sure i have the right tool for that.

I ran the front left speed sensor from the wheel, up, over and behind the engine. I shouldn't get interference there should I?

Would really like a tool that I can monitor the sensors when they go off. Their resistance tests fine.

Quick Reply: Wheel Speed Sensor Brackets