Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When i Brake or turn left, the radio and clock blinks

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Winching
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When i Brake or turn left, the radio and clock blinks

It all started one morning while turning left the blinker was blinkin' quickly, and was like, damn it, blew a bulb or somethin. So i pulled out the directional signal light assembly on the driver side, disconnected the bulbs from the housing, and to my surprise its full of water!
That caused the main bulb socket to become corroded, so i got a replacement connector, hooked it up and it worked fine, changed a few needed peanut bulbs in the front and thought i was all set. Well now im still getting water in there, and i will replace that directional housing, main focus is my tune up, at the time i write this i have magnecor wires waiting for plugs to arrive by UPS.
Just noticed the other day that now whenever i apply the brake, or when i hit that directional signal, the green light on the radio flashes and so does the clock... so weird, whats the relation of turn signal to radio? anyone have any thoughts?

Old 04-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Take a small drill bit and drill two holes in the turn signal lens, one on the top and one on the bottom, this will allow the water to drain out and the rest to evaporate until you can fix it correctly.
You have a short some where.
But here is the real question...why are you using the turn signals? Dont you know that wastes energy?
Every time you turn one on that is more stress on your alternator which in turns puts more stress on your engine which makes it work harder which uses more gas.

P.S.-for those of you with no sense of humor that is a joke.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by Spike555
Take a small drill bit and drill two holes in the turn signal lens, one on the top and one on the bottom, this will allow the water to drain out and the rest to evaporate until you can fix it correctly.
You have a short some where.
But here is the real question...why are you using the turn signals? Dont you know that wastes energy?
Every time you turn one on that is more stress on your alternator which in turns puts more stress on your engine which makes it work harder which uses more gas.

P.S.-for those of you with no sense of humor that is a joke.
no point in drilling holes, Spike. The lens in cracked right in the front part, so water will easily get in, and its rained nearly every day for a week out here. Im just going to replace that lens thru atlantic british. I looked at the wiring to the lights and tried to follow those wires back, looks like they go straight back along the panel and dissappear somewhere near the firewall... i dont know but this pisses me off cuz at first it was a simple fix now its snowballing into other ****.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Team Owner

Sorry I cant be of more help, I know how to turn on a light but thats about as far as my electrical knowledge goes.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:22 PM
Winching

well thanks for tryin anyway spike!

Old 04-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Team Owner

I'll stick around for comic relief.

Do the Jewish use ham radios?

Old 04-04-2009, 01:27 PM
Winching

yer killin me here spike

Old 04-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Winching

im thinkin maybe my audio electronic guy would be able to figure it out, since he installed the Alpine CD changer, but i may have to get a diagram to help him out.

Old 04-04-2009, 01:41 PM
Winching

nope, he says he wont even touch it if it isnt for an install...

Old 04-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Team Owner

Yeah, those audio guys wont touch anything if it doesnt play tunes.

Quick Reply: When i Brake or turn left, the radio and clock blinks