Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can I buy the third row seats?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 06:14 PM
KBW
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where can I buy the third row seats?

I just have storage where the third two seats would be. I'd like to buy them to have in storage for when I might need them. TIA

Old 02-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Look at www.roverlandparts.com and www.roversnorth.com
But once you install them you wont be taking them back out.
The headrests are bolted to the ceiling on DII's and the seats bolt towards the middle of the rear floor and then fold out of the way.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:13 PM
KBW
Mudding

Originally Posted by Spike555
Look at www.roverlandparts.com and www.roversnorth.com
But once you install them you wont be taking them back out.
The headrests are bolted to the ceiling on DII's and the seats bolt towards the middle of the rear floor and then fold out of the way.
Guess I'll just leave off the headrests

also to add I didn't find them on either of those sites??

Old 02-26-2009, 07:24 PM
Team Owner

They are going to be very hard to find, check local scrap yards, www.autosportsunlimited.com is another place to check.
Call Roverland Parts and they might beable to put you on a waiting list.
Rovers North can order them for you, also check with your local dealer.
As for the headrests...if your rear passengers dont have headrests and you get rear ended they can get wiplash or worse yet a broken neck.
The whole purpose of head rests is not to rest your head but to protect your neck from injury in the event of a accident.
Your passengers have the right to sue you for neglagence, and will have one hell of a solid case if parts of the restraint system are not installed/installed correctly.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DON'T DO IT!! If you ever get them, you'll probably hate them, not to mention that your passengers in those two seats will hate you. Look at a Disco that has them, sit in them, fold them out and then back in, and then decide if they are really worth the trouble and expense of having them. I don't have them in my truck, although both of the '99's that I looked at the day I bought it had them. You lose quite a bit of your cargo space in the rear, and Spike is right, once you put 'em in, you ain't takin' em out. Spike's also right about the headrests. The seats alone are not adequate support, at least not for an adult, and for a child, they would have to be in a booster still.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Recovery Vehicle

we talking about jump seats? i have them in mine and no normal sized human could ever ride in them for any amount of time... for children, off highway, i am sure they would see it as awesome... but if you get two people over 5 feet tall back there you will see the issues arise... you do not really loose any substantial cargo space as they fold pretty much flush with the sides of the cargo area... you do lose the two little cubby holes though...

Old 02-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by discoxd
we talking about jump seats? i have them in mine and no normal sized human could ever ride in them for any amount of time... for children, off highway, i am sure they would see it as awesome... but if you get two people over 5 feet tall back there you will see the issues arise... you do not really loose any substantial cargo space as they fold pretty much flush with the sides of the cargo area... you do lose the two little cubby holes though...
You have a DI, a DII's jump seats are totally differant, they are bigger, face forward and REALLY take up cargo room.
My 2001 Montero had the third seat, it folded into the floor like in a mini van so it didnt take up any room but only kids could sit back there for more than a jaunt across town.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle

oh well then once again... i am useless...

Old 02-26-2009, 08:45 PM
KBW
Mudding

looks like I'll do without...I'm probably the only one but I usually hate having people behind me in a car. I was just going to get them if they were out of the way.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:51 PM
Team Owner

The best thing to do is go and look at a DII with the 7 pass seating.
For the couple of times a year you will use them...will buy alot of gas.
They are close to $2000 last time I checked.

Quick Reply: Where can I buy the third row seats?