Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can I buy the third row seats?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 09:24 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SE7 Seating For Sale

Hello,

I have the Alpaca Beige jump seats from my 2003 SE7 for sale. I removed them for room for a dog kennel and subwoofer enclosure. Wasn't really sure what to do with them. Let me know if you need this color. They're immaculate. Thanks,

Todd

Old 02-26-2009, 10:12 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cgpilot1id
Hello,

I have the Alpaca Beige jump seats from my 2003 SE7 for sale. I removed them for room for a dog kennel and subwoofer enclosure. Wasn't really sure what to do with them. Let me know if you need this color. They're immaculate. Thanks,

Todd
see there you go... that is allllllll you...

Old 02-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Uh, hasn't been said yet, but you have to cut the floor out of a D2 to mount the tie downs for jumpseats. They lock to the floor when they fold out. Totally different from a D1. You aren't just looking at the cost of the seats, you will have to cut the floor and fab some locks.

This is not just a bolt in procedure....

Old 02-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh yeah i do remember reading somewhere that the rear floor pan is different for the 5 passenger and 7 passenger d2's

Old 02-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by discoxd
oh yeah i do remember reading somewhere that the rear floor pan is different for the 5 passenger and 7 passenger d2's
I laugh every time I read '7 passenger' Disco. Those jump seats are no more than decorative devices to hold a novelty stuffed Elmo doll. No passengers of note would ever fit in them. The only thing I like about my doll holders is that they do a pretty good job of load control. I open them out and stick things under them just to keep em from rolling all over the place. I sat on one of em one time for giggles and my knees were almost up near my ears as I squatted.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Camel Trophy

For the past 3 years we have loaded up my wife's family and their kids in the Disco to go "look for Santa". The kids love it back there....

Old 02-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Rock Crawling

Suede,

You mentioned this:
"stick things under them just to keep em from rolling all over the place"

I have these seats what was really driving the wife and I nuts was the way stuff slides back and forth on the carpet back there. So we went to "Sams Club" a usual stop and picked up one of the "fatigue mats" they sell, 100% rubber mats for people to stand on, it does not have a finished (slick) surface but has a lot of holes in it about the size of a quarter. It was 25 bucks and about two inches shorter all the way around than the back area, fits great. It had a sticky feel to it so on the way home we stopped by a quarter wash and pressure washed it, hung it at the house to dry and BLAAMMOO nothing moves anywhere back there. Did I mention it was only 25 bucks.

Cheers

Robert

Old 02-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Camel Trophy

tupperware totes for cleaning supplies and tools - $5
roll of velcro tape to keep them from sliding - $2

Old 02-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Mudding

Wow, whole lot of people talking about stuff the absolutely should not be talking about, as 90% of the posts in this thread are just plain wrong.

First, the seats are mostly jsut for children. You need short legs to be comfortable back there. And you do loose the little storage boxes.

Headrests, yes, you need them. No, they do not mount to the roof. There is a small trim above the rear door. They mounts are behind that trim. You can get the trim for whoever you get the seats from and give them your trim. Or you drill four holes in the plastic trim and you are done. If you remove that trim, you can confirm that the mounting location is already there. It should be, regardless of the model Disco you have.

Floor. You don't need to cut it. Pull up your carpet and you will see there is already and indent for you to install the brakets in. You will need to cut the carpet around that area and install the mounting plate and the trim that gives it a nice clean look.

See my post over here for a detailed list of what you need to do the job. I am in the process of removing my rear seats and selling them. I am trading all the appropriate trim with the buyer. Took about an hour to pull it all out and it will take about two to install it in the other truck. It is VERY VERY easy, no mechanical skills needed.

http://www.landroversonly.com/forums...06/index2.html

Old 03-02-2009, 12:06 AM
3rd Gear

THANK YOU AVKING!

Don't take D2 advice from somebody that drives a D1! They look similar on the outside and that's about where that similarities stop. I'm probably selling my third rows because my dogs and my gear don't need and extra place to sit. I may keep one though, because they are bad a@@! Just about as plush as my front seats, comfortable, adjustable with cup holders, and they DO fit an adult just fine. i've riden in them and i'm 5' 10', with leg room and proper seat belts. anyone you buy them from will most likely swap you the header peice with the head rests for yours so there will be no cutting for you and no empty holes for them. common sense. the rest of the mounting gear is already in your truck, like avking said, you will have to cut your carpet to expose the insets already in your floorboard. thats about it. mine are like new and gray with tan head rests and header. you can e-mail me if you have any ?'s

Quick Reply: Where can I buy the third row seats?