Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where is immobilizer located on 95 discovery

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where is immobilizer located on 95 discovery

I need to know where the immobilizer (alarm) on my 95 discovery is. Also how do you disable it. Thanks

Old 08-12-2009, 06:19 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts
Old 08-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

What he said.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:36 AM
Drifting

Hello, I've got a 95 and they have a different immobilizer than the 96 on. I even removed my center dash just to be sure and there is no spider there. I found a link that told about the immobilizer on the 94-95 but they didn't say where they were. The 96 has a 10 pin ecu and the 94-95 has a 6 pin ecu and it definately not where the spider on the 96 on is. Thanks. I checked out the photos attatched to the link and it's definately not there on the 95.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:47 PM
Baja

Not sure actually. I missed that you had a '95. Sorry.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by howardw
Hello, I've got a 95 and they have a different immobilizer than the 96 on. I even removed my center dash just to be sure and there is no spider there. I found a link that told about the immobilizer on the 94-95 but they didn't say where they were. The 96 has a 10 pin ecu and the 94-95 has a 6 pin ecu and it definately not where the spider on the 96 on is. Thanks. I checked out the photos attatched to the link and it's definately not there on the 95.
Did you follow the links that I posted in your last thread?
I was late getting you the links but they are there, there are 2 of them.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Drifting
Default Links

Hello Spike I followed both links and they deal with 96 and on spider boxes which the 94-95 doesn't have. I'm told it's a black box behind the glove box with an antenna wire coming out of it. I'm headed out to check to see if this is so. I'll keep you posted. Any idea what the bottom switch on the brake pedal is for. There seem to be 2 or three switches mounted one above the other that are activated when you step on the brake. The bottom one has two solid greem wires coming out of it. Someone has cut the wires and spliced into the harness. I haven't found this switch in the wiring diagram yet and can't see the wires they cut off. I'm almost positive after repairing and working on the harness that the alarm system was malfunctioning and someone chopped up the harness trying to bypass it. I put the wiring system back together, checked all the fuses, tested all the relays and now the car doesn't turn over when I turn the key. The starter relay is grounded through the alarm. Another question. Anywhere I can look all the components in the alarm system and how they function. I'd like to remove all traces of it. I'll be my own security. Thanks

Old 08-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Team Owner

I dont know about a '95.
But on mine there is just one switch, the brake light switch, that is what sends the signal to the neutral safety switch to allow you to shift out of park, that same switch will also turn off the cruise when you hit the brake pedal and of course turns on your brake lights.

Try this, with your foot off the brake can you shift out of park?
Even with the engine off, can it be done?

Old 08-15-2009, 08:12 AM
Baja

On a '95 it's behind the right hand side of the facia on a bracket.

Old 08-15-2009, 09:12 AM
Drifting
Default 95 discovery alarm ecu

I finally got the info in the alarm ecu on the 94-95 discovery. They don't have a spider, they have a starter kill. It's located behind the glovebox on the lower right hand side of the computer. It's a black box with an antenna wire coming out of it. It has two plugs going into it. One of the plugs has 6 wires. To disarm the ecu you cut the two black and orange wires and connect the two wires together. The black and orange wires are the first two wires on one side of the plug. After I repaired all the cut wires and replaced some bad relays the car was restored to the point where all the problems began. The kill box wasn't letting the starter engage. After splicing the two wires the motor turns over and I have lots of spark but still no fuel. The relay for the fuel pump isn't getting the ground signal from the f.i. ecu. I've cleaned all of the grounding points in the car and checked all relays and fuses. If I ground out the negative side of the relay winding I get plenty of fuel pressure to the fuel log. I also removed the fi ecu and checked all the solder points, they're fine. Spike, the car does shift out of park fine. I haven't checked to see if I have brake lights. Antichrist, Thanks for finding the location of the alarm box. I'll keep you posted.

Quick Reply: where is immobilizer located on 95 discovery