Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why so Affordable?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 09:10 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i USED to be a rubicon owner,,,

i have a 04SE discovery that i bought in november. i love the rig. best driving truck i have driven.

easy to work on and live with.

the LR3s are cool but look too much like a newer ford explorers. BOOO!!!

the disco stock is soooo much better of a vehicle then any jeep stock.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:18 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cam is right about the parts costing more. I broke a little plastic nipple on the side of the intake manifold, and it costs $28. In the process of getting the broken nipple out, I destroyed another rubber/plastic part next to it, and it costs $98. My own stupid fault, but I promise you next time I start pokin around under the hood, I'll make damn sure I know what I'm looking at before I start foolin with stuff.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:17 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Camdisco24
Absolutly. Get back to us with some that you are looking at. If there is anything that you question on any of them, i know for sure that someone on here can point you in the right direction.

Thanks, everyone. It will be a little while before I buy something, but I will definitely keep you all posted. I think I will be focused on 2004 discoverys. I would like a 7 seater with tan leather. Color will be black, blue, British green, or maybe white.

In the mean time, I will be snooping through threads and learning as much as I can about these trucks.

Thanks,
JL

Old 02-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Mudding

The prices are so low because they are mostly a POS. Don't get me wrong, I like mine. But, build quality and reliability are ****. Add the really bad mpg and the requirement for premium fuel. No one wants them, so they sell for cheap.

If you do not do your own maintenance and repairs, then take a pass for something more reliable.

Old 02-17-2009, 06:49 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

avking, A disco can be just as reliable as any vehicle if taken care of properly. Like any vehicle there are going to be the bad ones out there, thats life. Thats why we're here, to help pick out the bad kids in the crowd. Owning a Land Rover is not like owning a ford explorer, you can't just fill it up with oil and expect it to run.

My friend owns a 2004 jeep Grand Cherokee (trail edition) and i swear he puts that thing in the shop at least once a month. My 2000 disco seems like a camry compared to that rig. Sometimes its hit or miss with these trucks, sounds like you missed with your 03.