Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Frame Pics, Detailed Steps

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 09:48 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Frame Pics, Detailed Steps

I'm replacing the latch actuator on my 2K Disco II (passenger front), I think I have all the steps down except removing the window frame.

I have the rave cd but I dont seem to get this part. Does anyone have any pics or better description of how the window frame comes out. And do you need to remove the window or regulator or does it just slide up and off the glass?

Thanks, Tom

Old 05-23-2008, 01:23 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Window Frame Pics, Detailed Steps

AH, something a newbie can help out with. Here goes...

I pulled my latch out last week to have a look at it before ordering the part. My part came in and I'll be doing this job this weekend.

From memory...

Roll the window up all the way
Pull the interior door panel off
pull the plastic sheeting off
Remove the two star nut bolts (what are those called?) on top outer edges of the door, one on the left, one on the right
Remove the bolts holding the window frame into the interior bottom of door, one on each side
Pull the plastic panel cover off the area that covers where the side view mirror connects
Disconnect the mirror position wire
lift the whole assymbly up and off the window. you'll have to jog it back and forth, but be careful.
Be super careful.
Be SUPER careful.

You should then be able to pull the latch and install the new one.

A few other tips:

Remove the outer handle connection at the top, by poping the brass rod out of the white doorlatch piece, not at the actuator
The plastic piece that connects the interior manual door lock *** to the actuator will break of you don't be careful when removing the actuator.

One of these guys has good steps, but claims you can get the actuator out without removing the window frame. Ignore.
https://landroverforums.com/m_23533/tm.htm

Good luck!

Old 05-23-2008, 09:35 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the only thing I have to do to get the frame out is, remove the mirror (looks simple enough) and the four bolts that hold the frame. Then cross my fingers that I dont break the glass while I slide it out?

Why does the service manual say to remove some clips and the "inner waist seal" (which I'm not exactly sure what that is)

Thanks, Tom

Old 05-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to remove the inner and outer window seals, easy enough, just pull on them. The clips are holding the outer seals rap around to the inner part of the door. Nothing complicated, just take your time and you'll see. You'll find that there is also a bolt on the inside of the door frame that hold the window frame, If I remember correctly, its located in the upper part, over or beside the inner door handle area.