LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bought window visors-they stick on outside door frame (not inside the window track)

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 10:39 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bought window visors-they stick on outside door frame (not inside the window track)

Just recieved a package of window visors that I bought off ebay. I've had window visors for many past cars and they always attach inside the window track. Well this kit I recieved does not fit inside the track but rather is attached via 3m tape to the outside edge of the door.

I'm really disappointed with this setup. Not only can they fly off if the 3m tape ever gives, they can be easily ripped off by kids and the edges where they end (and on top) are visible - it is not a clean look.

What are your thoughts on these? Perhaps to be fair I did google these afterwards and a different compnay said that they used to make the visors that fit inside the lr3 window frame but they interferred with the window gliding and constantly broke from the flex. I just took a closer look at the lr3 and see that the gap is very tight inside the track with the window closed, so perhaps this is the only choice. Plus for the rear, there would be no visor that could cover the little side window if the visor were attached inside the window frame.

I have not yet attached them with the tape. What are your thoughts. Should I install, should I sell on craigslist or should I bitch at the ebay seller and try to get my money back.

Old 06-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My brother had them on his car. He did not have any issues with them that I know of.