Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

window motor help please

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 12:08 AM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default window motor help please

I have a 2000 disco. drivers window will not go up or down with the motor. the motor does make noise when the button is pushed. i removed the motor and regulator from the door, plugged it back in, and it worked without the window. I put it back in the door, connected the window, and it does not work. the window can freely be moved up and down and will not hold tight in any position. the teeth all appear to be in good condition. is the motor just worn out and in need of replacement? Or is my problem something else I don't realize? I just want to order the right parts.

Old 05-15-2009, 06:22 AM
TReK
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

You need a new motor my passenger window motor died on me.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:36 AM
4wd High

alright, I ordered the new motor and regulator this morning. Now I need to figure out how to fix the door lock pull that I broke when I took the panel off. The green plastic clip that connects the metal bar to the lock actuator is what broke. I have looked for hours online and cannot find these parts. I have looked for the whole lock pull assembly that includes the bar and clip. Does anyone know where I may find this? I just got done doing an alternator and everything that I touched that was plastic broke. I am starting to feel like soon every piece of my rover will have been replaced. I WILL NOT get rid of my urban assault vehicle. NO WAY.

Attached Thumbnails window motor help please-img_2636.jpg  
Old 05-15-2009, 10:39 AM
4wd High

Oh yeah, any tips on replacing the headliner?

Old 05-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jayandy I like your roof light bar. Where did you get it?

Old 05-15-2009, 04:54 PM
4wd High

got it from a guy in Texas who makes sliders, bars and such. i found him on google searching for accessories. he has a nice webpage for his business but i don't remember offhand any of his information. the best thing about this bar is that even with the lights and my OME lift, and my 33" Maxxis mud tires, my Rover still fits in the garage (with millimeters leftover). the lights are no higher than my stock luggage rack bars on top. I will see if I can find him again and add his info to this post for you if I find him.

Old 05-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks it looks sweet!

Old 05-15-2009, 06:13 PM
4wd High

alright, here is the only thing i cold find but this is the guy for sure.

http://www.myspace.com/mosesfabrication

My rock sliders came from the ebay guy in vegas.
I used the inexpensive lights from Walmart and they work great. The two middle lights run on the relay and switch that were for the stock fog lamps that are gone now. Two of my top lamps have a straight beam, and the two outer lights have a wide beam. They run on an aftermarket relay and use an aftermarket switch in the dash. I cut the front bumper in half with a dremel and it looks like a factory part but i can drive over stuff now. OME lift with 1" spacers up front to level the truck. I have done everything for the least amount of $ possible really. At 111K I am starting to have some reliability problems though. I have always trusted this thing but its been difficult lately. Time to start spending some serious time in the garage I guess.