Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windscreen Wiper Arms

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 09:16 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Hey Offroad - didn't even see this post until now. I always consider you to be the expert on this forum and look to you for advice! After much coaxing by other experts on here, and much procrastination on my part, I switched to the DI wiper arms and blades a couple of years ago. Best thing I did - and I don't regret it at all. At first I thought the DI arms and blades were less substantial than the DII but they work great, make solid contact and are still going strong. No parts flying off in windstorms or having to get the electrical tape out in the rain to plaster them back on haha.. and I can pop into any place with auto supplies and find replacements.

I haven't asked in a while, how's your sister doing lately?

Old 02-25-2017, 12:58 PM
Baja
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by KernowDiscovery
Hey Offroad - didn't even see this post until now. I always consider you to be the expert on this forum and look to you for advice! After much coaxing by other experts on here, and much procrastination on my part, I switched to the DI wiper arms and blades a couple of years ago. Best thing I did - and I don't regret it at all. At first I thought the DI arms and blades were less substantial than the DII but they work great, make solid contact and are still going strong. No parts flying off in windstorms or having to get the electrical tape out in the rain to plaster them back on haha.. and I can pop into any place with auto supplies and find replacements.

I haven't asked in a while, how's your sister doing lately?
Hi KD, good to hear from you as always. My sister is getting by OK but will never be 100% as she is too Corbynesque in her outlook and behaviour and insufficiently robust to push and pull her way through, unfortunately.

This evening I took the advice of all you guys on here and purchased some D1 front LHD wiper arms from Paddock Spares (UK) for which I'll buy some aero type wiper blades. The existing wipers are just about OK but the only wiper blades that are guaranteed to work (for a time) are Bosch and they are traditional wipers, as for the rest, most are just rubbish. Now with the 'hook' type wiper arms the world becomes my oyster when it comes to wiper blades.

As for being an 'expert' on the forum, I'm afraid not but I've been around Landrovers for around 50 years now and also many race engines on other cars so you tend to pick up on a few tips and tricks. Unfortunately I know very little about the Rover V8 engines, particularly the fuel injected type 4.0 and 4.6 litre. I do know a bit about the early 3.5 litre N/A V8's as I owned an old 1982 RR Classic some years ago.

I must say I owe you guys a big thank you for your help on these wiper arms as I was becoming frustrated buying wiper blades every year for the 'clip' type fitting on the 2003/2004 D2's and even worse they don't even make aero type wiper blades for them.

Old 02-25-2017, 04:49 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by OffroadFrance
Hi KD, good to hear from you as always.
As for being an 'expert' on the forum, I'm afraid not
You too Offroad

Well I'll always think of you as an 'expert' as you were here to greet me when I first joined the forum and you always have such sage advice

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend. Me? I've convinced myself that I need ball joint replacements now - haha.. Rover is shimmying at 40mph.

Paranoia will destroy ya..