Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Cowl - WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2020, 08:45 AM
Winching
Received 50 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 11chuck
Site seems sketchy. If anyone orders from there and receives it lemme know please.
That website is a scam. Don’t order from it. The email address on the website is a known scam email. And there is no way you will get a new fiberglass windshield cowl shipped for $60.

I emailed rexypow and was told by his brother that he passed away a few months ago. He told me to contact him through WhatsApp to place any orders. Not sure if the website would work. I did email him back but I didn’t get a response yet. I’ll try again and see if he responds.

The following 2 users liked this post by humroot:
JUKE179r (02-11-2020), MikNik (08-16-2021)
Old 10-07-2021, 09:11 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have repired my Windshield Cowl several times now its replacement. hard to find a good used one. they are insanely expensive for piece of molded plastic (i.e. $40 for a Ford F150)

Any resources where I can get one? Thanks in advance

Old 10-07-2021, 09:17 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

I just bought a new cowl and the end pieces from AB as I was having leaks through the cabin air intake port into the interior ventilation fan. Easy job and its now done. Don't forget to clean out the drain holes at the edges next to the fenders. Drain holes on my D2 were clogged with leaves and acorns preventing drainage which is probably why I had the interior leak.

The following users liked this post:
Edge77 (10-29-2021)
Old 10-07-2021, 09:43 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 141 Likes on 98 Posts

I covered my cracked cowl with black vinyl wrap after repairing the cracks. I did a crappy job so I wont show the pictures but if someone used a heat gun and had skills it would likely look decent and provide a good barrier to the elements.

Old 10-07-2021, 07:42 PM
Mudding
Received 120 Likes on 66 Posts

I too am in need of a cowl, as mine could fit in a pretty small box. Just bought this Rover, but had no idea that piece of plastic was over $350??? Somebody please tell me there is another way. Anybody got a 3d printer that could design a replacement? Fingers crossed...

The following users liked this post:
SadaJones (05-01-2022)
Old 10-11-2021, 04:34 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

IMO, the OEM cowl with the end caps does the trick. As I just posted elsewhere, don't forget to clean out the drain holes at the fenders. Mine were clogged and the water filled up between the engine compartment and firewall and came into the fresh air intake and drained into the fan onto the passenger floor.

Old 10-27-2021, 08:16 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

NVDiscovery, you must have bought the last one from AB. I tried to order one Sunday evening and they're out of stock. Hopefully they'll get some more in soon; mine is in 3 pieces with one chunk completely gone on the driver's side--probably lying in the road somewhere in Fayetteville, North Carolina...

Old 10-27-2021, 08:47 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 151 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by KarlS+9
NVDiscovery, you must have bought the last one from AB. I tried to order one Sunday evening and they're out of stock. Hopefully they'll get some more in soon; mine is in 3 pieces with one chunk completely gone on the driver's side--probably lying in the road somewhere in Fayetteville, North Carolina...
a guy on disco web said AB told him today or yesterday that they are expecting more next month.

Old 10-27-2021, 09:13 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It'll be mid November before I have the time to work on it anyway so that would be good timing.

Old 10-27-2021, 09:52 PM
Mudding
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Funny this popped back up. Mine is in 20 pieces just chillin there. Part of the drivers side with the end molding piece went MIA today after doing some urban offroading lol. I'm lucky enough to have found one in a junkyard in pristine condition a while back, so gonna have to throw it on soon.

Would really like to get a fiberglass one though. I've tried emailing Miami British a couple times to see if they'll ever get them back in stock, but never got a reply. I can only assume they sourced them from the Malaysian gentleman who passed away and we'll never see them again.

I've found a lot of other fiberglass pieces on Ebay, even bought pillar trim pieces, but haven't come across windshield panel. Sucks.

Quick Reply: Windshield Cowl - WTF?