Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter Stories

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 03:06 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Winter Stories

I thought I'd share with everyone a fun fact, if you have ever wondered if the front end of your discovery can double as a snow plow....the answer is yes. On my way home from work in the last snow storm some genious front end loader decided to put the snow in the middle of the road down the double yellow line seperating the lanes. It wouldn't have been so bad if he hadn't been compeletly blocking the entrance to the right lane. Before I knew it was in the wrong lane and had an oncoming pick up headed right for me. He slammed on his breaks and of course couldn't stop. I swirved right through a 4 or 5 ft. tall wall of snow going up hill......Bless the machine that is the land rover. Good thing i had already ripped my bumper off on a trail a while back...oops haha. Not too far up the road a small sedan was forced to do the same thing and got completely hung up on the snow pile, front end buried in half way up the hood. I didn't dare offer to pull it out lest I leave parts of it in the snow pile. So who else has some fun stories to share?

Old 01-22-2011, 07:50 AM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Old 01-22-2011, 09:06 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

i wish we had trails like that near my house. i gotta get outta this area!

Old 01-22-2011, 10:51 AM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
Are you kidding? With all the snow you got up there and another storm on the way, can't you make your own trails?

Eric

Old 01-22-2011, 11:04 AM
TReK
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Like last wednesday when I was driving 45mph on unplowed roads at 5am and hit a small snow hill some asshat plowed into the street and careened straight into a utility pole? I almost pulled out of the death spiral but I over corrected and boom! All I remember is the TC/ABS clicking like crazy and my foot slipped off the brake onto the gas when I impacted because I realized I had it redlined pushed up against the pole and the TC was trying to sort out what to do. It was sad to see the truck getting flatbedded away to geico's boneyard.

Old 01-22-2011, 03:03 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my first South Dakota winter in a Disco, I have driven many 4wd in snow and this is by far the best handling on snow/ice. I've owned many 1/2 ton trucks, a ranger and even an old subaru wagon awd. I'm headed back to Alaska next year and can't wait to tackle the Alaskan winters, that is as long as my disco can make the 3k mile trip through Canada....

Old 01-22-2011, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by SDinDS
Are you kidding? With all the snow you got up there and another storm on the way, can't you make your own trails?

Eric
i would have to drive thru peoples backyards and with homes starting at a mil and taxes of $20k and up i dont think they would appreciate that... closest off road spots are minimum hour 30 mins away.

Old 01-22-2011, 06:57 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 84 Likes on 73 Posts

i would have to drive thru peoples backyards and with homes starting at a mil and taxes of $20k and up i dont think they would appreciate that...

Just do it while they are sleeping! (and don't let the tire tracks in the snow lead to your house!)

Old 01-22-2011, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by lordmorpheus
Just do it while they are sleeping! (and don't let the tire tracks in the snow lead to your house!)
as soon as i get my DAP box and Warn winch mounted up I wouldnt mind doing that. until then i can see it now, i get stuck, they turn on the lights as they hear me struggling to get out of their snow covered pool, im waiting for AAA while the police are called....

Old 01-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

That is 3 hours from my house.
That video was taken 2 years ago during Christmas Vacation.

Quick Reply: Winter Stories