Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wl: 99 dsii

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 05:34 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wl: 99 dsii

Well I just got my LR and I love it. Almost has much as my lightning.

But I'm just wanting to start a work log on what I'm doing for myself and to maybe help some other people. Also will be updating this weekend with pictures.

So far I have replaced all the speakers and put in a touch screen, and powder coated my push guard.

Next thing is to learn how to take off the wheel/fender guards and have them painted black.

Also I hate the key so I'm looking at getting a new one. Anyone know how to reprogram a key fob?

NEW Land Rover Replacement Uncut KEY Blade Remote Flip Combo Shell 3 Button | eBay

Old 08-21-2013, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Downloaded the RAVE shop manual yet?

Inspect front prop shaft - if not greased on both ends, it is the oem style, which can snap with no warning and smack hole in tranny case.

Plug in your scanner and notice how the temp gauge points at 50% from 130 - 240F. Can't trust it. There is a LR thermostat that you can purchase from places like Rovers North and others that is 180F, cuts operating temps.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:00 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Being a 14 year old Rover, as is mine, I might suggest you consider getting your Disco current with all its service needs and deal with all the other, less important issues for later.
Go to the top of the D2 section and read my major service list for an old truck and do them all starting with the front drive shaft inspection/rebuild or replacement.
So what are you planning on using your truck for and how many miles are on it?

Old 08-22-2013, 11:24 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by Disco Mike
Being a 14 year old Rover, as is mine, I might suggest you consider getting your Disco current with all its service needs and deal with all the other, less important issues for later.
Go to the top of the D2 section and read my major service list for an old truck and do them all starting with the front drive shaft inspection/rebuild or replacement.
So what are you planning on using your truck for and how many miles are on it?

I'm the second owner, it has 74k on it and the last owner has put about 7k in it fixing it up and replaced the front end. But I'll have it checked out again to just be safe. I plan on using it has a winter DD and drive it to work in the summer when it might rain. Mostly I drive my lightning.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Administrator

You know, as a 99, you can change your t/case shifter and gain nearly 50% more traction in the snow simply by engaging the CDL t/case function. Plan on doing all the service and use the up-graded fluids. Make sure there is 1 grease fitting on each of the 3 front u-joints.

Old 08-22-2013, 01:18 PM
Overlanding

You know, as a 99, you can change your t/case shifter and gain nearly 50% more traction in the snow simply by engaging the CDL t/case function. Plan on doing all the service and use the up-graded fluids. Make sure there is 1 grease fitting on each of the 3 front u-joints.

No I didn't know. But thanks for the heads up and I'll do some searching about that tonight.

Also did my first mess up in the truck. I didn't see where it needed to be 91 fuel, and right after I put gas in it and was driving home I got the check engine light. Well got 5 codes and all to do with the 02 sensors. So already put it on my lift and drained the fuel. My bad.

Old 08-22-2013, 03:50 PM
Administrator

A lower octane fuel will not throw codes that fast, what exactly were the fault code numbers?

Old 08-23-2013, 02:43 AM
Overlanding

A lower octane fuel will not throw codes that fast, what exactly were the fault code numbers?

Oh it was like 100 miles. It was reading a 02 sensor was bad. So I'm going to find out witch ones I need and just replace them.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:25 AM
Administrator

In the future, if you have a fault code, give us the number, since in the case of the 02 sensors, there are 4 different codes meaning 4 different issues.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:33 PM
Overlanding

In the future, if you have a fault code, give us the number, since in the case of the 02 sensors, there are 4 different codes meaning 4 different issues.

If you want them this is what they were
p0174
p0150
p0327
p0135
p0134

Quick Reply: Wl: 99 dsii