Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it worth saving?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2020, 06:36 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it worth saving?

Hey all, first timer here.. I've been wanting to put together a jeep or some other vehicle to go 4 wheeling here in the ruggedness of UT. I've been trying to figure something out when it dawned on me that I may just have the solution sitting in my back yard. My brother and his wife have basically abandoned an old 2000 D2 on my property. It hasn't moved in two years, and probably didn't move for a couple years before it showed up here. They have told me they want to sell it to a salvage yard, but they don't currently have the title. Something about it being financed by the seller in GA before my sister in law moved here to UT and the seller gone out of business years ago.

It needs A LOT of work. It's still in pretty much stock configuration, but showing signs of her age. Not sure exactly how many miles, but probably just above 200k. Before I go to the effort of getting a mechanic's lien so i can take over the title, (which I may end up having to do anyway) is it worth it to spend the time and effort and cash on turning this one into an offroad beast? I'm fairly handy and do a lot of minor to medium repairs on my teens cars. I feel confident that I can do most of the work on my own, albeit probably pretty slowly as funds allow to purchase parts.

Old 08-23-2020, 02:58 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 1,189 Likes on 850 Posts

Yes, you can turn it into a off-road beast easily.

That 2000 should have the CDL activation stud on the transfer case, so, just by adding an 04 shift cable or making your own activation device...you can add to the already great off road capabilites. Between the CDL, TC and mud tires...my 01 was pretty formidable off road.