Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

your kidding right? 1 question

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 09:16 PM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

But I'll miss you crazy DI owners pretending your trucks are better than ours! hehe
No really though, I agree this will be a good change. I can rarely help DI owners because I won't give advice unless I've done it, or know for a fact my info is right. This change will narrow down the confusion for sure. Just like any change, it will take some getting used to.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:23 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default im scared now..

Originally Posted by Spike555
Its a Rover, you'll be fine.

Now i am scared... what the hell do i need full time 4 wheel drive anyway...i live in florida....

Old 06-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default thanks

Originally Posted by discomedic4
Hey Vandev even though you posted originally in the DI section we responded. We still like ya'll (even though you drive a less reliable vehicle lol).

hey , i still own my 95 RR 4.0 SE..it has a cracked head but i just cant seem to sell it....I really liked that truck..and yes...at times it was a POS..

Old 06-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default well....

Well, i finally got off my lazy *** and took my front driveshaft off tonight after i got home from a 12 hour day... I think it was out of spite from my wifes comments as to '''driveway orniment"...etc etc.... Yea....I told her it's not a LR unless it sits broken down in the driveway most of the time.... she laughed as she knows the rover drills. Anyway, 40 minutes to take out...8 bolts and only jacked up the front on stands.... didnt even have to rotate the shaft.....See lazy...... i was at least hoping i could cut some bolts with my makita.....i was suprised to find the front U joint has been replaced with a serviceable one....Hemmmm... i wonder if thats the one thats squeeking.... see...already thinking i dont want to change that one.... Lazy.....everything is tight...i am still thinking centering ball as its the worst case and it is a rover... I locked it out and drove around.. dont notice any difference ...well no squeeking....i have a feeling i might not get around to rebuilding as ...well... i am lazy and i hate exersising futility on my POS....

Attached Thumbnails your kidding right? 1 question-dshaft.jpg  
Old 06-25-2010, 06:58 AM
Banned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The front u-joint comes stock with a grease nipple, don't be fooled by that. The back one's do not have grease nipples. Is it worth the $25 saving to not change the front one?

Old 06-25-2010, 11:37 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Camdisco24
But I'll miss you crazy DI owners pretending your trucks are better than ours! hehe
No really though, I agree this will be a good change. I can rarely help DI owners because I won't give advice unless I've done it, or know for a fact my info is right. This change will narrow down the confusion for sure. Just like any change, it will take some getting used to.

Hey Camdisco, you might want to check your computer. It accidentally inserted the word pretending into your sentence. At least I assume it must be the computer as we all know which is the better series disco. lol.

Old 06-25-2010, 10:25 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by discomedic4
as we all know which is the better series disco. lol.
Yeah! The series II! haha
I'm horribly bias on this one. Just as I would be if I had a DI... which I would love one day...