Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your thoughts and opinions on this Discovery article.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 12:05 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Alex_M
Reads pretty well to me, I like it. Maybe do expand on the issues it has just a little. Not much, just a little peek so it doesn't appear so fanboyish. Non-enthusiasts will be more keen on accepting what you're saying if you tell both sides if the story, or at least give them a little peek. Basic psychology 101.

Also, what's that front bumper? I love tubular bumpers.
The front bumper was my own design and was fabricated by my neighbor who has a mini fab shop shop next door. Ill get more pictures of that when we have some extra time to put hyper spot amber led pods.

Originally Posted by drowssap
you forgot if you "dont throw the air coils out" you can adjust your approach and departure angles
While I'm no longer able to adjust the rear hight of my rover, I much rather have a reliable spring setup. Im looking into the possibility of making a system thats a combo of both air and spring so i don't lose that functionality of the disco.

Originally Posted by cappedup
Great stuff. I work in Tv and reckon pictures (or videos) are far more powerful than words. You don't hear of many viral paragraphs.

Seeing Disco2's filmed with alternative methods and creativity will be very popular I think. I'd like to see some slight high speed footage (i.e. Slo mo). I sometimes shoot stuff at 90fps. Slowed to 30 it looks fantastic. Panasonic GH4.

I also developed a kite cam. Go-pro on a gimbal on a kite string. Bit hit and miss, but cheap aerial footage when the wind is right. Then there was helium balloon cam I did once for still days.

For true style shots. Night time, water reflections, angle grinder making a ton of sparks, slo mo. Love it.

Anyway. More power to your elbow, as someone once said.
There are a lot of cameras we use everyday now. My main camera is the panasonic G7 but If need be I can use the GH4 is we have for slow motion shots that call for it. Thanks for the feedback and tips. Its going to be an interesting year of filming and adventure in the rover and I'm glad i can get such a good response from the land rover community.