Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zebra Striped D2

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Zebra Striped D2

Does anyone know who previously owned this truck? Looking for some history on it.

Old 09-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Just buy it already! You can get back most of that money from just the accessories!

Old 09-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would buy it just because it already has the goodies on it.

Old 09-10-2014, 05:21 PM
Received 368 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmiccharlie
Does anyone know who previously owned this truck? Looking for some history on it.

A safari park

I know one thing .................. I wouldn't use it as a getaway car after a bank raid ................ not exactly invisible is it ...........

Last edited by OffroadFrance; 09-10-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Baja
Received 718 Likes on 623 Posts

Steve Irwin, AKA Crocodile Hunter... Crikey Mate!

Old 09-10-2014, 05:57 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

When I see a vehicle all tricked out like this for sale that looks like a good deal, my first thoughts are...if someone spent this much time and money on the truck and then traded it in at a used car lot for probably half of what the dealer is selling it for...why? Bad mechanical problems? Rust? or just come down and realized right truck wrong safari? Could be other reasons I guess..like maybe he just got a new girlfriend who wouldn't ride in it? but if that were the case seems like he would have kept the truck and traded the girlfriend in....on second thought maybe not.

Could be a great buy but, I would really test it out good and try to get it for as cheap as possible. If they've got 5K on it they'll probably take 4k or close to it.

I guess like they ^ are saying, the goodies alone are worth alot, so if worse come to worse, maybe you could break even parting it out.

I wonder if someone bought a truck, with all of the accessories like this, and took the goodies off and replaced with used stock parts (other than the snorkel, I doubt anyone would want a truck with a hole in the fender), what could they get for the truck then?

Last edited by RicketyTick; 09-11-2014 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:36 PM
Winching
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Accessories will go on my truck! Except for the roof rack, lift and snorkel. Just thought being that is very recognizable someone here would know something about it. Going to drive it this weekend. Pretty low mileage, good condition overall. Had a friend check it out earlier this week.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Someone should recognize it for sure.

Yea, buy it take off what you want and then sell it...maybe for what you paid. That's what I've been looking around in my area for, one that is loaded up that I can buy for cheap take the stuff off and then resell for close to what I paid.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:37 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by RicketyTick
When I see a vehicle all tricked out like this for sale that looks like a good deal, my first thoughts are...if someone spent this much time and money on the truck and then traded it in at a used car lot for probably half of what the dealer is selling it for...why? Bad mechanical problems? Rust? or just come down and realized right truck wrong safari? Could be other reasons I guess..like maybe he just got a new girlfriend who wouldn't ride in it? but if that were the case seems like he would have kept the truck and traded the girlfriend in.

Could be a great buy but, I would really test it out good and try to get it for as cheap as possible. If they've got 5K on it they'll probably take 4k or close to it.

I guess like they ^ are saying, the goodies alone are worth alot, so if worse come to worse, maybe you could break even parting it out.

I wonder if someone bought a truck, with all of the accessories like this, and took the goodies off and replaced with used stock parts (other than the snorkel, I doubt anyone would want a truck with a hole in the fender), what could they get for the truck then?
I doubt anyone did that, those are Safari Gard accessories, optional at certain dealers. Could have been the original owner's truck, then sold it cheap and the second person dumped it at the used car lot.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:51 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
I doubt anyone did that, those are Safari Gard accessories, optional at certain dealers. Could have been the original owner's truck, then sold it cheap and the second person dumped it at the used car lot.
Wow no kidding? There must have been a very few sold in U.S.. I guess because it's so bizarro and out of place here.
Seems like it would be worth a heap then, if it's a factory limited edition or limited option.
He better ****** that up pretty quick.

Last edited by RicketyTick; 09-11-2014 at 08:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Zebra Striped D2