Discovery Sport Talk about the new 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport

Grille Replacement Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2021, 11:51 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grille Replacement Instructions

Replacing the original front grille with a black grille on our 2017 Discovery Sport. This seems like it should be pretty straightforward, but I can’t find any videos specific to this car and the screws just spin (don’t come out).

Does anyone have a link to an instructional video, or advice on how this should be done?

Old 01-22-2022, 10:13 AM
Overlanding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

super easy. Take the four screws out under the hood, and the grille pops straight out the front. There are three connection points at the bottom of the grille that hold it on. The screws are those pop screws. You may have to put a flathead screwdriver under the lip of that pop screw to keep it from moving and then unscrew the actual screw with a phillips head. Once it's out, those screw pops just pull out and you can pull the grill out. I did this a lot last year installing a set of LED Aux driving lights in there. You can catch that post in here posted Aug. 29, 2021. https://www.facebook.com/groups/discosport/ PM me if you can't get it!

Old 01-24-2022, 04:24 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice! I ended up figuring this out. As you mentioned, the rivets were a bit difficult to remove. The first one broke when I popped it out, which is why I was concerned I wasn't doing it correctly. I took that rivet to the local auto store and found a match, so once I had some backups, it only took a matter of minutes to replace the grille.

The rest of the rivets ended up coming out intact, anyways.

I requested access to the FB group you linked and look forward to seeing your LED Aux driving lights project. My next project will be installing roof racks!

Originally Posted by douglasson
super easy. Take the four screws out under the hood, and the grille pops straight out the front. There are three connection points at the bottom of the grille that hold it on. The screws are those pop screws. You may have to put a flathead screwdriver under the lip of that pop screw to keep it from moving and then unscrew the actual screw with a phillips head. Once it's out, those screw pops just pull out and you can pull the grill out. I did this a lot last year installing a set of LED Aux driving lights in there. You can catch that post in here posted Aug. 29, 2021. https://www.facebook.com/groups/discosport/ PM me if you can't get it!