Discovery Sport Talk about the new 2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport

Known System Versions, Software Updates, and Service Bulletin Campaigns

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2015, 10:39 PM
Drifting
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Known System Versions, Software Updates, and Service Bulletin Campaigns

If you want to verify or compare if the newest software available is installed on your Discovery Sport; the software version can be checked by selecting settings, then choosing navigation, and then scrolling down to the bottom of the list until you see the system information button (At least that is where it can be found on our HSE LUX model).

We’ve been keeping track of our vehicles Software Version and it has been changing with our service updates from the dealer. If you are having a minor yet irritating system issue this may help.

When our Discovery was first delivered, the HD radio was not activated from the factory. After the dealer did our first software update which activated our HD radio features the system displayed Software Version 9.12.38.473092.

Today after another system software update/ECU configuration our Software Version is now 9.12.38.518116.

We took our Discovery Sport in to correct an issue with the fuel system/instrument pack not reading the remaining amount of fuel in the tank correctly. We would have around 4+ gallons of fuel left in the tank yet the instrument pack would show a completely empty fuel system. As it turns out there was LTB00830NAS1 available for this concern. Now we should be able to get a little more range out of a full tank of gas than before. There was a new software version available for our audio unit and it was updated at the same time as well.

The dealer informed us that Campaign Q489 was also performed this visit. It fixed an issue with the 2nd row seats starting to squeak and rattle. We’ve never noticed or encountered this problem (yet) with our Discovery’s 2nd row seats and now more than likely never will.

Last edited by HSE_LUX; 09-17-2015 at 11:15 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-16-2015, 05:19 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by HSE_LUX
We took our Discovery Sport in to correct an issue with the fuel system/instrument pack not reading the remaining amount of fuel in the tank correctly. We would have around 4+ gallons of fuel left in the tank yet the instrument pack would show a completely empty fuel system. As it turns out there was LTB00830NAS1 available for this concern. Now we should be able to get a little more range out of a full tank of gas than before.
Are you saying the computer would think tank was empty, even though there was 4 gallons left, and shut off the engine?

Old 09-16-2015, 06:23 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by antichrist
Are you saying the computer would think tank was empty, even though there was 4 gallons left, and shut off the engine?
We never let our Discovery Sport get to the point that it ran completely out of gas (Running the fuel tank dry will damage your fuel pump and injection system, don’t attempt it). The Discovery Sport has about a gallon retention safety margin in which it will not let you restart and possibly damage your vehicles fuel injection system if the fuel falls below that gallon mark.
What tipped us off to something not being right was when we would go to fill our tank. Our gauge would be reading completely empty (at the bottom of the red line) and about a 5 mile range estimate to empty. Since the Discovery Sport has an 18.5 gallon tank you would expect it to take about 17 gallons to fill it back up considering that one gallon safety margin, but this was consistently not the case. It wouldn’t take more than 13 to 14 gallons to fill it up.
This wasn’t an issue for around town driving but it was cutting into our overall highway/freeway range between stops.

Old 09-17-2015, 08:21 AM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

So it won't let you run to empty. Yeah, I can see how it would increase your range getting it sorted out.

Old 09-17-2015, 11:12 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by antichrist
So it won't let you run to empty. Yeah, I can see how it would increase your range getting it sorted out.
Yeah, it was retaining around 5 gallons total in the tank instead of 1 gallon when the gauge was reading empty. We’ll post on how well the fix worked after we run a few tanks through to thoroughly test it out.

Last edited by HSE_LUX; 09-17-2015 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:16 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by HSE_LUX
Yeah, it was retaining around 5 gallons total in the tank instead of 1 gallon when the gauge was reading empty. We’ll post on how well the fix worked after we run a few tanks through to thoroughly test it out.
Thanks much for the info!!

This has been a topic on other forums. I have definately noticed this as well. I have had the same experience with refilling 3, 4 or 5 gallons short of actual tank capacity. Ive got a service appointment for the pillar rattle and rear wiper malfunction. I'll make sure to ask them to do all available updates...which Im sure they would anyway right

The following users liked this post:
HSE_LUX (09-17-2015)
Old 09-21-2015, 10:15 PM
Drifting

With only one tank down, we can definitely say that last fix corrected our fuel problem!
Our computer estimated around 21 miles to empty at the time of fill up and it held 16.25 gallons when filled.
The one gallon fuel safety reserve to protect the fuel pump is only reading and retaining that one extra gallon now, not the 4 or 5 extra like it had been. It’s a nice boost to our overall range!

Old 09-22-2015, 04:50 PM
Rock Crawling

Good deal!

Old 09-25-2015, 08:37 PM
Drifting
Exclamation LTB00827 A sound in the B-pillar

TECHNICAL BULLETIN LTB00827
2015 Discovery Sport
VIN RANGE: 501001-550001
MANUFACTURER: Halewood
MARKETS: ALL

If you hear a ticking, creaking, or rattle sound coming from one or both of your B pillars in your 2015 Discovery Sport that can’t be explained or fixed by the dealer. The above Tech bulletin applies to you. The noise in question is coming from the B pillar at head level just behind/beside the passenger or driver. It may even sound like your seat belt tensioner rattling in the pillar, but it’s not. If not repaired the rattle will progressively get worse with time.

This repair is MAJOR surgery for your vehicle and to be done correctly you will be looking at about a week in the body shop.

The Problem: There were some improper spot welds done at the factory where the B pillar meets the roofline. The two surfaces will rattle against each other and the only way to repair it correctly is to drill three holes into the B pillar and re-weld the entire upper pillar together along with some reinforcing MIG welds on the butt seams to hold everything in place correctly. They will then need to grind all the new welds down, reapply the corrosion resistant undercoating, repaint all the surfaces and then reinstall everything attached to or around the B pillar area including the airbags.

Unfortunately we just noticed ours start to rattle and we are now in the process of getting it corrected. We should be scheduled for the repair work to be done within the next few weeks.

Last edited by HSE_LUX; 09-25-2015 at 08:41 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-09-2015, 06:50 PM
Rock Crawling

I took my disco in for the b pillar rattle on weds. I got a call this morn (Fri) that the rattle has been fixed...so maybee its not major surgery??
I also had them fix the rear wiper which has a mind of its own...they had to order a new wiper motor.
I also told them that I needed the fuel gauge corrected. When they called this morning they told me it will need a new fuel pump sending unit. So they have to drop the tank and replace it.
HSE_LUX does this sound like what they did to yours, or was it a computer reflash?

Quick Reply: Known System Versions, Software Updates, and Service Bulletin Campaigns