Forum Help & Suggestion Center This section is NOT for vehicle technical questions. This section is for problems or suggestions for the forum itself.

How do I delete my account?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2021, 02:02 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts
Default How do I delete my account?

I've sold my Land Rover so I'd like to delete my account on here as I don't like leaving dead accounts around the Internet for security reasons.
I'm not asking my posts be deleted, just for the account to be removed (so no-one can login to it and also my personal info like email address is removed).
I don't see any option anywhere to do it myself.

Old 07-11-2021, 02:09 PM
Rock Crawling

Bump..,

Old 07-11-2021, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,480 Likes on 1,208 Posts

All I can do is ban you but that accomplishes none of that sorry

Old 07-12-2021, 08:51 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 365 Likes on 284 Posts

How about log back in and edit all your personal info to dummy info or blank....

Old 07-12-2021, 09:23 PM
Rock Crawling

I don’t want to delete my posts, happy to leave them there in case anything in them is useful to anyone.
I can also reset my password to some nonsense I suppose but I’d rather my email address wasn’t in the database in the first place.

Given I have a European passport I suppose I could write a formal letter to the site owners to have my account removed under GDPR but that really shouldn’t be necessary…

Old 07-12-2021, 09:56 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 365 Likes on 284 Posts

Well, I wasn't suggesting editing all your posts, but if you change your locale info and any other info in your profile which might help personally identify you how would anyone know it's you? Make yourself Ross McLochness from the Mersey-side of East Angliaville and who's going to know any different? Any profile info will update all your old posts retroactively so you should have nothing to worry about (which you probably don't anyway). Ok, even the most dimwitted individual can probably suss out that you're from the great state of Texas based on your username alone, but it's a damned big state. You could start with your sig, instead of saying you own a 20** Disc* S** HS* L**, it could say you own an 1959 shortwheelbase 250 GTO Lusso in Berlinetta Red with a houndstooth interior sporting 28" wheels and an LS swap. I'd believe it.

Euro passports aside, unless your forum password is the same as your email password, which I'm sure you realize is a terrible idea, then there's really very little chance of someone running amok with your personal info. Again, log back in, change any profile info to gobbledyguck and move on. Consider yourself luckier than the rest of us who still own these god-awful machines.