Freelander Talk about the Land Rover Freelander within.

2005 Freelander Quality/ Reliability

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 01:43 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2005 Freelander Quality/ Reliability

I have a 2005 Freelander and I absolutely love it, its amazing in the snow...I live in Canada, trust me we know snow, maybe I have just been lucky and got a well made one, but mine has given me no problems. As a vehicle I love it.....but of course as with any great relationship lol...(ya my car is my girl) nothing is perfect.

I agree with an earlier post about the front brake pads, I just had mine replaced last week, and because it goes right down to metal on metal I had to replace the routers too, so it cost me 600 bucks (ouch) but apparently....when I started hearing squeaking that was my warning, had I taken it in then, I may have been able to save the routers. Also it is a bit of a pain that it takes synthetic oil, this means my oil changes cost me 100 bucks.

I have had to change the headlights twice, and both sides needed to be replaced in order for them to work. I would suggest extended warranty....though it doesn't cover wear and tear, just to be safe since tranmission and other such problems, if you are unfortunate enough to have them can be really costly.

But with all that said.........I love my Freelander.