Freelander Talk about the Land Rover Freelander within.

A/C (Heater) Blower Motor replacement . . .

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 03:37 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C (Heater) Blower Motor replacement . . .

I believe the blower motor in our 2003 Freelander SE is going out – will work sometimes, other times not. There is a sort of burning smell, like something is hot when and if the fan actually will run. I did call the dealer and they informed me the blower motor sells for $370 – yikes!
As we are over 300 miles from the nearest Land Rover dealer and our rig is no longer under warranty, I may need to attempt to R&R the blower motor myself.

My question is – have any of the forum members ever replaced their blower motor in their vehicle? If so, where would the blower motor be located and how difficult a job is it? Does any one have a manual page they could copy and send?

Thanks much for any help you can give . . .

Old 11-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: A/C (Heater) Blower Motor replacement . . .

You can see the end of the blower under the drivers side dash above the throttle pedal, take a look at it to see if coolant has been dripping on the motor,(usually the cause of the failure) the heater core leaks and it drips onto the blower motor. to change the blower you might have to loosen the dash and remove the throttle, if the heater core has been leaking the whole dash needs to come out, best to take the long drive to the dealer unless a local shop is up to the task. not easy jobs