Freelander Talk about the Land Rover Freelander within.

Looking at a 2004 Freelander HSE

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 04:30 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at a 2004 Freelander HSE

Its got the 2.5L v6, and its in beautiful condition (104,000 miles). Our 1998 discovery has been great to us considering it was my first car and i treated it like crap, so im wondering if these are good to? They want $14,900 for it. good price?

Is this year generally good in terms of reliability. I know people just moan and cry about older ones, but what about this one (2004)?

Are the transmissions generally slow? The one i testdrove felt slower than that in my discovery in terms of shifting time. Should I be worried about that?

We are considering this because my mom wants a compact SUV, and she used to have a CR-V but absolutely hated it.

What type of traction control does this have? (Hopefully better than the cr-v). Can it tow anything? The CR-V Couldnt.

I thought it was very comfortable and it felt like i was driving a heavy larger SUV. Night and day difference between this and the CR-V in terms of overall feeling of quality.

Anything in particlar I should look for on this?

Old 03-07-2007, 01:54 PM
4wd Low
Default RE: Looking at a 2004 Freelander HSE

wow.. pretty active forums here

Old 03-07-2007, 08:45 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do yourself a favor and do some web research on the Freelander before you jump. They have a number of problems, and the reliability has not been that good either. Some problems that come to mind are internally cracked intake manifolds, vacuum leaks from inferior materials used under the hood, rear differential problems, transmission problems, halfshaft failures, etc.

A number of the independent Land Rovers shops dread working on them, and they are not considered to be anywhere near the product that the Discovery or Range Rover are.

regards,
Geoman
www.eurotekapg.com

Old 05-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Overlanding

Hello-
I had a little extra time on my hands & started doing some research. I found a person who is willing to do a class action law suit. I went thru the blog spot copied & pasted your e-mail address. Below is the information about whom you must contact so that we can get this law suit in action. I am not an attorney, I am a consumer of a 2003 Freelander who has had nothing but problems with this so called "SUV" I don't know who to complain to anymore LRNA has not helped me, in fact they made me feel like it was my fault that my car was having all of these problems. Please, please, please contact this person so that we can all get what we paid for. A car that is dependable & safe. Please forward to any other LR owners & I will do the same. If you have any questions that I might be able to answer or any suggestions for me please,e-mail me at pccdrive@yahoo.com.
Sincerely
Chantell
YouTube - Landrover Lawsuit
I am seeking people to join me in a class-action lawsuit ...
1 min 6 sec -

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEGrOEDEMCU
landrover_lawsuits@hotmail.com