Freelander Talk about the Land Rover Freelander within.

Road Race

Old 02-02-2005, 01:00 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Race

Here in west Texas there are a lot of racers. Some of which are little four cylinder Japanese "Ricers" that have loud coffee can a.k.a. "fart can" mufflers. they often sound like a lawnmower on steriods. some are fast, others are just funny. the other day i was on a local highway where a Pontiac ricer was on the road, i began to pass him then i decided to play with him a little bit, so i stayed even with him then punched it. i left him pretty good and got ahead a little bit. i look in my mirror and he is coming up quick so i punch it again and he never gets past my passenger door, then i start to pull on him. once we both realize that, i let off and he kept going. i let him get about 5 cars lengths ahead and then punched it a final time. i passed him and he was trying with all he could. it was funny. anyone got any good racing stories?

Old 02-03-2005, 04:25 AM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: Road Race

nope, I tend to drive diesel's and also the roads are too crowded here in the UK to do things like that.

I prefer to use my Landies to going places where no one else can get too.. You should challenge someone to a race where they have to travel 50 miles and you only have to do 10 in a straight line across country, you could get there before him and then give your landie a wash while waiting..

Old 02-05-2005, 03:13 AM
Recovery Vehicle

ha ha ha ha, thats funny. i wouldn't doubt that i could do that. there are some of these oil field roads around here that i know like the back of my hand. i work in the oil fields when i'm not in school. unfortunately, a lot of the land around here is private property owned by a rancher (who most of the time has way more oil than cattle). i should try that sometime and talk to the rancher, maybe make a bet and give him half, lol.

Old 02-05-2005, 06:02 AM
Rock Crawling

also, maybe time to do some upgrades, might be worth giving these guys a ring..

www.overfinch.co.uk

Old 02-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Recovery Vehicle

that website doesn't have much for a freelander does it?

Old 02-10-2005, 04:42 AM
Rock Crawling

no sorry, extra performance for the freelander has not really got a start yet, so far I have only seen one Bowler version, which was built and used for the Paris Darker Rally, also Land Rover prepared a couple of Rally versions, which have not been used in competition in the end, which is a shame.
As the old ones are becoming a lot cheaper to buy, we will see the performance side start to build up in the UK, as more people use them for competitions. The Disco is now getting used for rally's now, and are doing quite well, so only a matter of time.

Old 02-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Recovery Vehicle

ORIGINAL: Lighting90

no sorry, extra performance for the freelander has not really got a start yet, so far I have only seen one Bowler version, which was built and used for the Paris Darker Rally, also Land Rover prepared a couple of Rally versions, which have not been used in competition in the end, which is a shame.
As the old ones are becoming a lot cheaper to buy, we will see the performance side start to build up in the UK, as more people use them for competitions. The Disco is now getting used for rally's now, and are doing quite well, so only a matter of time.

do they offer the 2.5 liter v6 in UK? if they do, hopefully, it'll be the same version offered here. i still have 93,000 miles till my warranty goes out, then i'll do modifications

Old 02-11-2005, 03:34 PM
Rock Crawling

V6 petrol

Capacity (cc)

No of cylinders

Cylinder layout
"V" configured

Bore (mm)

Stroke (mm)

Compression ratio
10.5:1

Cylinder head material
Aluminium

Cylinder block material
Aluminium

Ignition
EMS 2000

Fuelling
Sequential fuel injection

Valves per cylinder

Valve actuation
DOHC with hydraulic tappets

Maximum power
177Ps (130kW) @ 6250 rpm

Maximum Torque
240Nm@ 4000 rpm

Thats the spec for the Uk version, I assume it is the same as the USA one. Should be scope to mod the V6 though not sure how much

Old 04-14-2005, 01:23 AM
Mudding

i dislike the LR3's, i think the disco. 2's are the best. The reason? the more offroad look. The new rovers are now going benz style, all for look, not much for what they are known for. IF they keep doing this in my option they are gonna look down apon. I dunno that's my comment
Anyways, how come the LR Disco. 2 only has 180 hp ? god..

Old 04-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't know whats funnyer, a in some junk ricer thinks it's fast or a guy in a heavy suv that thinks it's fast.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Road Race