General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 HSE Nav System--confused

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 HSE Nav System--confused

Hey...I posted about this before, but thought I'd try again...the Nav on my 02 RR (just got it last month, with 53K on it) get confused A LOT. I got the updated CD on Ebay (2003-02), cleaned it, reinserted, etc. No help. I re-read the Nav manual, and the closest adviCe I could see was to manually plug in the location of the car...but that does not seem to be a total fix. I think it must be the GPS (it will show me a couple miles from where I am, or driving across the Hudson River--I live in Manhattan). Anyone had this problem and know of any fixes. The dealer does not!

Old 09-17-2007, 05:48 AM
Mudding
Default RE: 02 HSE Nav System--confused

For the nav to work properly on this car the first thing to check is the selected zone , north east, central east etc. I've seen this simple mistake several times. the other thing is ,the antenna must see a min. of 3 satelites, I dont recall exactly how to get to the self diagnostic screen,but it can be tested in the car without any Test Book . I do recall their being a calibration process too. ask your dealer to look up the information,there is a diagnostic step by step bullitin. In Manhattin you will have issues because of the concreate canyon. bridges etc.common issue,normal operation if sats are not seen.
I know several of the Techs at Manhattan LR and they do know there stuff.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:50 PM
Three Wheeling

thanks...where do you select the zone? don't see that on anyone the screens (SET UP etc?). I see your point about being in NYC being a problem for this. It does seem to be somewhat connected to bridges.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:25 PM
Mudding

I would need to dig up more on that , no manual info ? is the correcd disc installed ? the disc might be incorrect. I might have been thinking of the NAV in the wrong year car for selecting a zone , sorry []