General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

06 Range Rover interior trim problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 08:15 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Range Rover interior trim problems

I have an 06 Range Rover (full size) supercharged, & all the paint on the interior trim panels is peeling. IE~ window, lock, & mirror panels, & steering wheel... Is anyone else having this issue? Most importantly is Land supposed to warranty replacing these obviously defective panels? Thank you.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're still under warranty they should replace any trim... the window switch pack peels pretty bad and is a known problem (along with de-lamination on a couple other trim pieces). The dealers do have some discretion though; they aren't required to warranty pieces that are damaged by the user.

How is your steering wheel peeling?

Old 06-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it is a six year warranty on corrosion and paint defects

Old 06-17-2009, 06:12 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ldivine
If you're still under warranty they should replace any trim... the window switch pack peels pretty bad and is a known problem (along with de-lamination on a couple other trim pieces). The dealers do have some discretion though; they aren't required to warranty pieces that are damaged by the user.

How is your steering wheel peeling?

Thank you. I thought it should be covered under warranty. The steering wheel is peeling where the 4 underlying posts connect the column to the actual wheel part. They are covered in that same cheap satin looking paint as the other trim that is peeling.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Any update on this? I'm sure others would like to know how it turned out.

Old 06-30-2009, 12:10 AM
Mudding

I would - I have chips and peeling on the internal surfaces too. Thanks, Mike

Old 06-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Overlanding

I have the same issues. I was planning on getting them to address it once I go in for my 45K service in another 3-4 weeks.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Drifting

Does anybody have an answer on this? I have some peeling on my driver's side window switch and one of my steering wheel spokes. I believe the window switch panel can be purchased here: http://roverconnection.com/RR44/Rang...itch_Trim.html
Can anyone give instructions on installation? The steering wheel spokes are here: http://roverconnection.com/RR44/Rang...oke_Trims.html but it says the airbag must be removed to install. And on my 04, the ash tray is peeling as well, so here is a link for those with the 03-05 who have a peeling one (or who didn't know it even came equipped with an ash tray): http://roverconnection.com/RR44/Rang...H500022WQY.htm

Old 09-25-2009, 10:55 AM
1st Gear
Angry Time

Hi Everyone

I'm not sure why this is not a huge thread/discussion there isn't one range rover from 2000 onwards out there where the paint is not peeling on all the interior. It's not just the steering wheel it's everywhere the seat surrounds, drinkholders, door panels, and then there are the external door handles with the same problem.

Cheap paint & bad design on a $90K vehicle just seems unreal. Uless everyone gets together and takes some action against LR regarding this then nothing will be done, it's a problem on every single range rover
just look at someone else interior next time you see a parked RR

phil

Originally Posted by the_infamous
I have an 06 Range Rover (full size) supercharged, & all the paint on the interior trim panels is peeling. IE~ window, lock, & mirror panels, & steering wheel... Is anyone else having this issue? Most importantly is Land supposed to warranty replacing these obviously defective panels? Thank you.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:54 PM
Three Wheeling

Hmm....let me call my service advisor tomorrow. I'm kinda curious as well. My window swich panel, steering wheel and my hood grill paint is peeling. Door handles are fading.

Can anyone confirm the six year warranty on corrosion and paint defects? I'd like to read on it before calling them.

Quick Reply: 06 Range Rover interior trim problems