General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07' Range Rover Supercharged, worth the investment?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 12:42 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07' Range Rover Supercharged, worth the investment?

Greetings folks,

Sorry for yet another "should I buy" thread, but the advice here is greatly appreciated. I was a proud owner of an 04' Discovery for about 2.5 years. It had its quirks, but was a wonderful vehicle. I replaced the front drive shaft, A/C and a few other misc. items. The head gasket and transfer case were next on the list, but my wife and I decided it wasn't worth it.

We're now in the market for a new SUV. I've always loved the look of Range Rovers, but am not as familiar with them as the Discoverys. We also need something big. We've got two 90+ lbs dogs and plan on starting a family soon.

I recently found an 07' Ranger Rover Supercharged with 101k miles and absolutely loaded with extras for $26k. It's being sold by the same place I bought the Discovery, so I feel very comfortable with them.

The price seems reasonable, but the 101k miles makes me a little nervous. I know 100k is something that isn't a huge concern these days as years back, but not being familiar with Range Rovers, I'm just not sure what to expect.

How are the 07s? I've been doing some research and haven't come across any major issues. Are there any 100k mile items I should be aware of?

I'm not scared by the Land Rover name and do think they're great vehicles. I'd really like something big, safe and reliable that we can hold on to for another 5 years.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Oh and we'd be turning in my tiny Volvo S40.

Thanks much,
Cisco

Last edited by The Cisco Kid; 08-19-2013 at 12:45 PM.