General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1999 Range Rover with EAS leak but new air springs

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Range Rover with EAS leak but new air springs

Hey guys,

I have just replaced myairsprings and my EAS works as it should except after sitting for a while. It raises and lowers as it should when running, however if left parked for an hour or so, just opening and closing one of the doors triggers something that lets out some of the air. You can hear a quite click click click and it will lower slightly. Not really falling all the way to the bump stops of course I drive it every day, so who is to say it wouldnt if I didn't drive it for a few days. Regardless, as soon as I crank her up she inflates to the desired level.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Michael

Old 10-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 1999 Range Rover with EAS leak but new air springs

Get a spray bottle with soapy water and spray all piping connections and the valve blocks to see if you have a leak. The clicking is the corner valves opening to allow air to the springs. Opening and closing the door enables and disables EAS operation. It is not uncommon for these to settle after sitting for extended periods. Other than that, if you dont have an EAS FAULT message, then I
wouldn't really worry too much.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might not help at all, or maybe it could.

I've had 2 Audi Allroads with a similiar, (I believe) system, both did the same thing, drove each 120,000 and 140,000, and it was always just a normal reaction, door open, it settled or trys to level, sits a while, something always settles after a long while. Audi dealer never found anything out of the norm.

I've learned a ton about the Allroad, now trying to learn about the RR before I buy a used one.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:43 PM
Rock Crawling

These will settle after sitting a while too. If no leaks or the like are found, then this is normal operation. tgvas: see post before yours.

Old 11-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Rock Crawling

Follow the advice and check the bags connections. If they are leaking fix it because the compressor will be working overtime to compensate for air loss. Could also be faulty height sensors so the car thinks it's uneven and lowers. Could try swapping the sensors. If it's not going to the bumpstops it's not as big a deal and you might choose not to replace the sensors. However, if it is going to the bumbstops you have a problem that needs to be addressed to preserve your vehicle. If it's falling significantly within an hour I would think you have a significant leak.

Best of luck!