General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Range Rover issues.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 05:41 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Range Rover issues.

Hey everyone,
I'm the owner of a 2006 RR, took delivery in mid June. I'm from Canada, Toronto to be more precise, and i'm here to discuss any problems occuring with the 06's. First of all, i've been experiencing a sudden jolt when i accelerate at times. I've taken it to the dealer where a software upgrade was done. The vehicle actually worked extremely well for about 2 days untill the jolting came back. I've also seen on my message display 'Transmission Range change not available'. Now i've seen this a few times over the past few months, however I could not immediately figure out what it meant since i recieved my manuals yesterday. Also, while parked yesterday for about 30 mins, i came back to find the glass on the passenger side of the cargo area completley shattered, with the tinting being the only thing holding it in place. There was no evidence of a point of impact to lead me to believe any sort of fowl play...it seemed to have just happened. Also, does anyone know if the venture cam is available in Canada? when i was placing my order i don't recall seeing it anywhere available. With this said, i should point out that i enjoy my RR alot, and i am quite happy with the vehicle. So any feedback on any software issues, jolting, etc. would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Fidel.

Old 10-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: 2006 Range Rover issues.

I wonder if the transmission error and jolting are related...

I've been told the VentureCam is not available in North America. With that said, I did find them available at http://stores.ebay.com/RoverActive_R...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

It's rather expensive considering its practicality. It won't display an image at over 5mph, but I suppose for a rearview camera on a trailer it would be okay.

About the window, that is a sad one, and difficult to ascertain. I believe it was Newton who said objects at rest tend to stay at rest, and I'd guess you got hit by some jealous fool.

Old 10-09-2005, 03:41 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: 2006 Range Rover issues.

Thanks for the reply.
The venture cam is pretty expensive, hardly worth it to me, but thanks for the link teamyonex.
I got back my RR today after getting the window repaired, it works great. The jolting seems to have become less noticeable. It only happens occassionaly, so i'll have to drive it for a bit to notice if it's still there.
I had my 12,000km service and no real issues to report other than the upgraded software/jolting bit, which hopefully can be resolved via uploading new software.
I'm a happy owner. Let's hope i don't get my glass shattered by anyone again.