General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 Brand New Range Rover HSE

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 08:48 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2008 Brand New Range Rover HSE

Hello All,

I know of a dealer selling a brand new FULL SIZE base model Range Rover HSE for $59K. I know this is a stupid question, but is that a good deal? He has several Base models that he is selling at that price. Does anyone know of any other dealer doing this? Why would a dealer sell it for so cheap?

Old 11-29-2008, 07:15 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2008 Brand New Range Rover HSE

Great deal!

Several dealers are selling their 2008's for low 60's and this is the best deal I have heard yet.

Go for it!

Old 12-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Last month for the dealer to get rid of 08 stock before the year change. I saved quite a bit on a similar deal. See if they have any dealer demo's even more savings........

Old 12-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Drifting

I know its a good deal. However, I am concerned about the reliability of the Range Rover. I have read through countless posts of people that had various issues. Is there anyone that has a 2008 Range Rover? If so, have there been an issues with your investment?

Old 12-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Rock Crawling

I am glad you know that it is a good deal.When you asked if it was a good deal in your first post I was a little worried.

I have a 2007 (15 months old) and it is pretty much identical to the 2008's. You also have to like them to deal with all of their problems. If your biggestconcern is reliability then you are better off getting a Lexus LX570.

Mine has been in the shop a few times for door trim falling off, the radio kept blinking on and off by itself and a few other things. It is a year old butitis just part of owning a Range Rover.

There will be problems down the road that will add up. Everything is expensive with these cars from tires, insurance, gas and repairs so the initial cost of the car is just the beginning.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:40 AM
Drifting

Thanks! This is exactly what I needed to hear from folks that already own a Range Rover. With a price tag of $59k for a brand new 2008 Full size HSE (Not Sport), I am still considering it. But, I am wondering if there is an extended warranty available. If so, then that will help ease my concerns. If not, then it will be less likely for me to make this move. I really like the look of this vehicle, but I need it to work.

Old 12-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Rock Crawling

You can buy an extended warranty but it is really expensive. Check with your dealer but it is around $4,000 and it only covers you to 75,000 miles (25k over the standard warranty).

Also to make you feel good about your price; My Rover turned out to be $73k (without tax) forthe FFRR (AKA "full fat Range Rover" - you will see us call it that from time to time to differentiate it from sport). If you are concerned about warranty you can considerleasing itand just keep turning them over. You will pay more in the long run but it will be easier, fewer problems and a lot less of a worry.

You also have to consider that the new model is due out in 2012. That may or may not influence your decision.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:06 AM
Mudding

I picked up my 08 HSE the other day from 12.5k service and was PISSED to see the 60k price on a fairly loaded HSE. I paid almost 30k more last
year, albeit with more options, rear entertainment etc. At 60k, the price is better also than what we paid for our 06 Sport and 06 HSE. In fact,
I still have our old 4.6 and paid more than that for it 10 years ago. All cars - Mercedes, Lexus, etc are priced cheap right now - because for the
most part no one is selling. The problem is obviously related to the lack of financing options for most people. Were the 09's priced at that I would grab one. Unfortunately, the twist is that them selling 08's in this price range has further devaluded any resale on all of Rovers - which
historically had ****ty resale anyway.

To answer your question, if you love the car, buy it. It has a warranty now. Yes, you can buy an extended, but you don't have to do it right
away. And yes, a new model / version with more computerization, etc is scheduled to be out in 2 years for the 2012 model year, in fact my dealer claims we will see notable and significant changes for 2010 - but who knows, especially considering what's going on in the automobile
world.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:56 AM
Drifting

mlshelton,

Have you experienced any problems with your 08 FFRR? How long have you had it?

Thanks!

Old 12-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Three Wheeling

My wife and I just bought a 2007 RR HSE about 2 weeks ago after I had done quite a bit of research on these vehicles about their reliability issues. I had spoke with several owners, several different service departments at Rover dealers and this is what I came up with. The 2003 and 2004 had some serious issues with reliability esp with the driveshaft and other issues. The 2005's were better but when they changed to the Jag engine in 2006 the reliability did improve considerably. From my discussions, the 2006-2008's have been quite reliable. I spoke with one service manager at length and he indicated the newer models have been very reliable when compared to the older ones. I have a good friend of mine who has a 2005 and he admits to minimal problems at all with his.

In regards to that great deal you mentioned. Yes, $59k for a 2008 is very good. But, this is because Land Rover is dishing out a lot of dealer rebates to get these trucks off the lot. These trucks DO NOT hold their value well. If I were you I would find a 2006 or 2007 with low miles and at a good price. You should be able to get a 2007 now in the mid $40's with good miles.

Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: 2008 Brand New Range Rover HSE