General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6 OBD codes this morning

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 OBD codes this morning

It was about 17 degrees this morning and we got about 6" of snow sat. Let the truck warm up for about 30 seconds and preceded to drive at a slow and steady pace for about 2 miles when I dropped my son off at school. I left the truck running while I took him inside. That took about a minute or so. As I was leaving the school going up a slight incline the truck started to lose power and the service engine light flashed several times. I dropped to a lower gear to get up the hill and out of the way as several cars where behind me. Made it out to the street and the truck did it again and the service engine soon light started flashing. So I pulled over and turn the engine off, started it back up and drop the 20 miles to work without any problems. Pulled out my scanner when I got to work and it recorded the following pending codes P1315(malfunction control ignition system or misfire), P0301 (cylinder 1 misfire), P0308 (cylinder 8 misfire ), P0304 cylinder 4 misfire), P0303 (cylinder 3 misfire), and P0159 (senor ckt slow response bank 2). I am think it may have been some moisture somewhere and cause the computer to have a brain fart. At least I hope. Had a little less than a quarter of a tan and all service it up to date. 93000 miles on the od. Any one have any ideas, so should i not worry about it unless it happens again?
THANKS.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

similar thing happened to me after heavy rain last week. probably moister on your lead wires. if its running fine your service light will probably turn off by itself. If not you might need new spark plugs and wires. worst case scenario would be a new ignition coil, but thats unlikely.