General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 02:51 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air suspension

Hey, im new to this forum. I just bought a 98 RR SE 4.0, its great, everything is working fine on the truck. I have a question, once u put the car into park or once u turn it off, isnt it suppose to go down?...mine doesnt go down by itself, i have to press the EOS button and do it manually. It goes up once u put it in D, thats working fine, but its just that it doest go down by itself. And once u drive it, i noticed a weird noise coming from the front, ppl say its normal, but i dont know. its like if its trying to start a motor or something. its kina wierd. but otherwise, i love the vehicle, its fun to drive and everything is fine. i just did a major tune up, which helped a lot, its a lot smoother and great on gas. k so if anyone can answer my question, id appreciate it.

thanks

Old 09-21-2005, 03:02 AM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: Air suspension

i think what you are hearing is the compressor, but the suspension shouldnt go down by itself overnight, it should hold its ride height

Old 09-21-2005, 07:39 PM
4wd Low

ye but i test drove a 97 HSE, before buying this and that was going down when i turned the car down. maybe its the difference betweek an SE and an HSE, i dunno. Thats y im asking if something is wrong with my car or wat. is it suppose to do down by itself when i turn the car off?...please let me know...thanks

Old 09-22-2005, 01:39 AM
Three Wheeling

the bags should not go down overnight, if they do you have a problem.. more than likely you have a small leak somewhere.. if you are in the mood one sat you can get a spray bottle with some soapy and spray everything that has to do with the air suspension and look for bubles then you can narrow out your problem from there

Old 09-22-2005, 04:29 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it should deflate when you shut it off or open a door and it will deflate that side. does it completly deflate over night, if so it may be that the line to relese the air is clogged up, and instead of deflating right when you turn it off it slowly goes down.

Old 09-23-2005, 09:53 PM
4wd Low

no it doesnt deflate....i know it should, but it doesnt. and no it doesnt go down over night either. so i dunno wats goin on, i hope i wont have to spend a lot of money on it, cause i really dont want to. i mean its not harming me in anyway, it deflates perfectly if i do it manually.

Old 09-24-2005, 12:48 AM
Three Wheeling

so your problem is it wont kneel? but it keeps itself straight but that is the only problem? if i understand you right bro.. if that is the only thing that is bothering you i would just leave it be.. that is if i understand you right

Old 09-24-2005, 02:47 AM
4wd Low

ye exactly...thats wat im thinking too, before it gets worst, i think imma just leave it the way it is. thanks for ur help man...appreciate it