General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air suspension-Touch Windows messed up.

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air suspension-Touch Windows messed up.

I had keyless entry put on my 99 range Rover. Now the air suspension goes up very slowly and the one touch windows no longer work. Any techs out there have an idea what he has done?

Old 05-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Air suspension-Touch Windows messed up.

don't you already have keyless entry with the orignal remotes?

Old 05-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I concurr...I was not aware they offered a non-RKE option for a 99.

As for the one touch windows...does the instrument panel message display anything about windows not being set? I would guess you just need to reset the windows to use the one-touch opening (this is needed everytime the battery is unhooked, which a RKE install would require).

As for the air suspension, that could be a coincedence. Sounds like your EAS is failing. How many miles on the truck?

Old 05-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Drifting

I bought this thing about 2 weeks ago. it did not have the remote with it. i was told to get the new remote and have it set to work with the truck would be about $200-300 dollars. I do custom home theater installation and the shop I work at does car. So I got the DEI keyless entry cheap and one of the installers came over to my house and put it in cheap. We ddid unhook the battery. How do you reset the windows? What is the EAS? I am trying to learn this thing. I have had 3 Discos but never a range Rover. thanks for any help. the keyless entry works great by the way.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Drifting

It just hit me I guess EAS is electronic air system? what part would be going out? Compressor maybe. It vibrates a lot when running.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you need a bypass to get the aftermarket RKE to work with the LR system? I've got a dead transmitter myself, and have wanted to go with an add-on system..but was afraid of the cost. Any info would be nice

To reset the windows, get in and shut all the doors, then window by window, fully open (hold down the switch), and as soon as it's down all the way, immediately roll your finger to the up side, and put the window all the way back (again holding the button down the whole time). Do this with each window, and sunroof to set back to one-touch.

As for your EAS, if you're getting compressor noise and vibration, you've probably got a problem. How many miles on your truck?

The way the EAS (which is electronic air suspension, good guess!) usually fails, is that one of the air bags cracks/leaks, or an air line to the bag leaks, or the valve body itself leaks at the compressor, causing the compressor to work overtime, which leads to overheat/failure.

The best way to diagnose the system is now, before if fails completely and goes into EAS Fault mode. Then all 4 corners drop to the bump stops and you've got a nasty ride to a repair shop to get the EAS system diagnosed, with an equally nasty bill.

My EAS went out at 80k miles.

Old 05-08-2008, 07:08 AM
Drifting

Well mystery solved. The reason my EAS was not working correctly was my alternator had quit and I did not know it. I guess it went out about the time we done the door locks and thought it was something with that. Now with that fixed everthing is working great. The battery went dead at the same time as all this. Replaced battery and all was good for about 30 minutes untill it drained down. I started noticing things stoped working as I was driving and by the time I got home I checked the voltage and it was at 8 volts, so I knew something was wrong. local alternator shop (be here for 30 years) fixed it for $75.00. Its nice to be in small town America where you know everbody. As far as the Keyless entry goes, I know he only had to cut 2 wires in the door to hook too and use 2 relays. I know the other method DEI told use to use if needed was to simply put a door lock actuator on the driver door lock rod to move it up and down since that controled all the other locks. It realy only took about an hour to do it all and it works great. i know we simply took a light tester and found the 2 wires that lite up the tester for up and down when you moved the lock.