General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any 2010 Range Rover sport owners here?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 06:21 AM
Overlanding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Any 2010 Range Rover sport owners here?

Hey guys,

I see a lot of threads and posts about the older range rovers but very few about the 2010+ models.

I just acquired a 2010 RRS S/C and I would love to meet other owners to bounce ideas and tips off of.

Cheers and thanks.

Old 08-24-2015, 01:38 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Range Rover HSE LUXE

2010 Owner here - Never had a problem until yesterday when I found a 2x2" pool of reddish fluid under the front passenger side of the engine compartment. I have yet to track down what it is.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:10 AM
Overlanding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Link N

Just an update so you have a better idea of what you're buying into if you have not yet made a purchase.

I am now up to 20k worth of warranty work and again, my dealership has been stellar with the service. I have not paid a cent. The only cost I've put into it is the time and inconvenience of having to bring it into the dealership almost every month. The car is getting better though and it is starting to need fewer repairs. One thing the service manager made me aware of is that most of the repairs have been suspension related and he never really saw it this bad when he was running the service dept in New Zealand. When he came to Canada that is when he saw a trend of failing suspension. His guess is that because Land Rover doesn't recognize Canada as an extreme climate country it does not create cars that are tough enough to deal with our winters. In other words a Range Rover that someone buys in Canada where the winters are long, extremely salty and messy is that exact same Range Rover that someone can get in Los Angeles California.

Long story short, I am still very happy with how things are turning out and have yet to be told, "Sorry, that's not covered"...... Even after 20k worth or Parts and Labor. I don't know how long this will continue but I am impressed at how well my dealership is handling it all and after all these repairs, I'm sure the car will have another 4-5 years of reliability since so much has been done.

Bottom line for you is; if you're gonna go LR, get the CPO warranty! Otherwise you'll be quite unhappy with your experience.