General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any advise on how to reset the suspention?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 10:59 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am glad you were able to cancel your order and save some cash. The rears take about 20 minutes to install including set up and tear down of your tools so you should back up and running in no time.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:55 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I’m just waiting for parts now. I went ahead and had the tires changed out and re installed the fronts. The brakes are done and everything is ordered and on the way just waiting for the rear bags and some interior parts ordered to install. This leaves me time to ponder what this vehicle will offer when I finally get it on the road Friday. My wife and I have some road trips planned this year a couple to Florida and one to new York and DC and I would love to take the Rover but was looking at the mileage and got a bit of a mpg let down. I drive a full size truck and I get 17 mph on the highway and I thought that was bad. I know that it would be incredibly comfortable but I was wondering if you guys know of any way to stretch the fuel mileage on the 98 RR HSE. I thought there might be a chip or something out there? So far my searches haven’t turned up anything but I just started. Any Ideas?

Old 02-15-2011, 11:08 PM
Drifting

This is one of the chips that I found to improve the fuel mileage any ideas about negative effects of using a chip? Thanks guys!http://www.performancechipsdirect.co...r/Range-Rover/ for 69.99

Old 02-16-2011, 07:23 AM
Rock Crawling

Unfortunately, most chips do not make a noticeable difference in these trucks. There is a chip out there that has got some good reviews but it is very expensive. It would take a long time to recoup enough fuel savings to pay for the chip. I only drive my Rover on long trips when my company is paying Even after a 10 hour drive you step out and feel relaxed.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:57 AM
Recovery Vehicle

I have heard some good things about the Volo Chip (at least I htink that is what it is called) and most of the gains are all in highway mileage. I average at 16 MPG combined. I do no think that is all that bad considering the full time 4WD and the weight of the vehicle. If you picked up even 2 MPG over the course of a year it can pay for itself.

I have been driving my company vehicle for a year and a half and I hate it. I would much rather replace my engine every 3 years and do all the maintenance on the Range than continue with another company car. It is so much more relaxing and a better drive in my opinion.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Rock Crawling

16 combined??? No way! I've gotta lay off my lead foot. 16 mpg would be a dream for me on the highway. I never get more than 10 city and about 13 highway.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:29 PM
Rock Crawling

Of course most of my driving is in the "hills" of Pennsylvania.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:56 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Most of my driving is highway but I do have a couple of mountains to climb to get anywhere. I do not drive fast off the line and I rarely exceed the speed limit. In Montana where I drive a lot it is 75. When my wife drives the MPG goes down since I think she hammers it off the line since she feels it is sluggish and so she gives it more than it needs.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:19 PM
Rock Crawling

Well you are a better man than I. My favorite thing to do is pass Toyota Pirus' as fast as I possibly can while they give me dirty looks for killing the planet. I've always been a 10 to 15 over kind of guy. Rarely get passed when I make my monthly PA to MI trip.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by krazzz
Well you are a better man than I. My favorite thing to do is pass Toyota Pirus' as fast as I possibly can while they give me dirty looks for killing the planet. I've always been a 10 to 15 over kind of guy. Rarely get passed when I make my monthly PA to MI trip.
Maybe it is the Ferrari red that makes you want to drive faster.

Quick Reply: Any advise on how to reset the suspention?