General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Becm? 2002 HSE 95k miles

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Becm? 2002 HSE 95k miles

sitting on bumps, all lights lit up, tried clearing the codes with that eas software, wouldn't clear anything, the radio comes on but no sound, the a/c display is all garbled but works, car starts and runs but says gearbox fault occasionally, battery will not stay charged no matter how long you drive it or charge it over night. sorry im a newbie to land rovers but i just picked this one and a 98 disco up that needs a head gasket for 5800 bux, so i thought it was a decent deal

Old 09-09-2009, 05:53 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, that is a lot of stuff. In regards to the eas software, did you make the cable or did you buy it from them. Either way, are you using a converter from a USB to RS232? I know this has caused problems before and not allow it to reset. I do not think it would be the BECM.

Battery could just be toast and that is why it will not hold the charge.

The rest of the stuff could be from the bad battery but who knows until you get a good battery in there, rob one from another of your vehicles and see what it does.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya i think it does have a bad battery for sure, but you would think those problems would go away once the rr is started and the alternator charging, the eas compressor is definatly out, just tried all the tests to see if it would start manually but it doesn't. i have an elm 327 package that came with the usb rs232 cable from a previous car i was working on, so don't think its that

Old 09-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depending on the battery the alternator could just be keeping the truck going and not really charging the battery. I had one like that and finally bought a new one and it was perfect.

Well If the compressor does not work it will not matter if you cleared the fault since it will just happen again. When you hook up the cable to the software do you get the correct communication numbers on both sides of the readout? I had a cable that had the left side correct but the right side was not correct about every 5 numbers, this made it impossible to reset even though I had communication. I have found those USB converters to be tempermental and so I just use an old computer now to do it.

I do not think the BECM will affect the air ride but I may be wrong, I would look to the air ride computer first, In fact it may even be disconnected if someone had messed with it before. You can stop the drop if you disconnect the harness from the brain and keep driving without loosing the air even in fault mode if you catch it in time.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:32 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Definitely the alternator, these things go crazy when the alternator goes bad.