General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAN ANYONE PLEASE SUGGEST THE SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM 2003 RANGE OVER HEATING ISSUE?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAN ANYONE PLEASE SUGGEST THE SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM 2003 RANGE OVER HEATING ISSUE?

I REPLACED MYTHERMOSTAT,COOLANT TEMP SENSOR,EXPANSION TANK,RADIATOR AND MY GAUGE GOES BACK AND FORTH FROM NORMAL TO HOT.I TESTED THE THE ACTUAL TEMP AND IT REACH 260 DEGREES AND IMMEDIATELY WENT BACK TO NORMAL.THE CARDOESNT SEEM TO BE ACTUALLY OVERHEATING THOUGH.SOMEONE PLEASE HIT ME WITH THE SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM.ITS GREATLY APPRECIATED.I WILL EVEN PAY YOU IF YOU GIVE ME THE SOLUTION TO THE ISSUE..DJONES

Old 04-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CAN ANYONE PLEASE SUGGEST THE SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM 2003 RANGE OVER HEATING ISSUE?

I understand your frustration and desire to solve the problem...however it would be much easier on yourself and all of us to just stay in the same thread. This makes what, 5 different threads on your same problem?

Old 04-07-2008, 12:26 AM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: CAN ANYONE PLEASE SUGGEST THE SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM 2003 RANGE OVER HEATING ISSUE?

Well did you bleed the system and what temperature sensor did you change? people mistake the heating sensor on the thermostat as the temp sensor ?

Old 04-07-2008, 01:23 PM
Overlanding

yes bled the system and the sensor is coolant temp sensor.I also discovered the fan clutch is not working properly.Would that be the main reason for the car overheating?

Old 04-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

One thread only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Three Wheeling

Hi DJones.
Can you do a few simple tests for me.While idling,how long does the guage take to register overheat?When it hits the red,and you switch the ignition off and then on again,does it register normal?Does it go to red again if you start the engine?Does switching your headlights and aircon on influence the temp guage?Let me know.
Regards
Marius.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:18 PM
Overlanding

Whenthe gaugestarts going towards the red i cut the engine off and the gauge goes back to normal.Also, the lights and ac doesn't affect the gauge at all.the only thing that i haven't replaced is the water pump.Do you think that may cause it to trickle like that?also, i had the mechanic to do a cylinder leak test and it passed.but i had someone else to do the liquid block test and it changed colors.which one is the most accurate?there is no sings of lost coolant anywhere.I'm totally confused!!

Old 04-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Drifting

whats up man, 260 is way hot, sounds like your gonna need headgaskets or heads if they are warped.do you have excessive pressure in the system when you overheat? if you open the cap slowly and it starts poring out your looking at al least headgaskets.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Overlanding

the temp doesnt go past 220 now for some reasonand when i try to open the expansion tank it doesnt pour out.i had the cylinder leak test and everything checked out.i'm replacing the water pump tomorrow hoping that will solve my issue and then my last resort will to try that stuff by bAr's stop leak and block fix.doyou know anything about that product?which block test is mostly accurate?

Old 04-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do not under any circumstances use any sort of stop leak product! Though it may seem like a good idea at the time it is the worst thing to could do to your cooling system. Infact, that is probably why it is overheating now, cause the system is pluged.

Quick Reply: CAN ANYONE PLEASE SUGGEST THE SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM 2003 RANGE OVER HEATING ISSUE?