General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carpet for 1977 Rangie

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 08:24 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carpet for 1977 Rangie

Hi there,

I've just purchased a 1977 Range Rover, in extremely good condition. It is missing the front Driver and Passenger side carpet, does anyone know a good aftermarket supplier, who sells online? The colour is tan.

I've wanted one of these Rangies since I first laid eyes on it as a teenager in the 70's, and now i've got one, so I'm chuffed. I want to get it looking as good as it possibly can, and to run well, if anyone has any tips or advice, I'd happily accept all information,

Cheers,

Paul

Old 08-21-2009, 02:31 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You've got a rare rangie, where are you located roughly. A 2 door rr is almost impossible to find in the US and hard to find anywhere else (at least in good condition). When you say "carpet" do you mean the extra piece that goes over the rest of the interior carpet that can be easily removed for cleaning, or did you mean the actual carpet itself?

Old 08-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations! How'd you come across a '77? You might try Atlantic British or Rovers North. Haynes has a pretty good restoration guide for classic Rovers. You might consider getting a copy. Put some pictures up! :0

Old 08-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Pro Wrench

Ive seen a couple of the 1st gen ranges on ebay. Many of them need a considerable amount of work. I have thought about buying a classic 2 door and fixing it up, but I don't need 3 cars . If I do decide to get one, it will have to wait until after college when I can actually afford 3 cars.

Here is 2 door, not really in original oem spec, but a 2 door none the less. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rare-...=p4506.c0.m245

Last edited by LRScott; 08-22-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:27 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

LRScott that is funny how they call it a defender, and if it was white why did they paint it Red? It looks pretty rough inside. I also see no bids. They cant give it away

Old 08-24-2009, 11:23 PM
Pro Wrench

Originally Posted by skyguy
LRScott that is funny how they call it a defender, and if it was white why did they paint it Red? It looks pretty rough inside. I also see no bids. They cant give it away
The fact it is a two door would be the only reason I'd ever consider it . It needs extensive work to bring it back to oem standards. So far that is the only 2 door range ive seen for sale in the us for about 6 months now.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:35 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking the same thing. That Rover is just plain sad. And the Defender bit gave me a good chuckle.

I use to have a 2 door RR. First car actually. So I have fond memories but could never go for the piles of junk i've seen on ebay... I may be mechanically inclined but I just don't have the time to restore one. Keeping up with the two newer ones is getting a bit old. I'm leaving the P38 for a few months and I made the wife a deal that i'd get rid of it if there are any problems with it when I get back. Sadly I think that means it's going. I'm pretty sure she wont be fixing it. And I wouldn't put sabotage past her either :0

Maybe I can talk her into a classic or defender once the P38 is gone...

You're in college and have two cars? Man what has the world come to? Just kidding

Old 08-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Pro Wrench

You're in college and have two cars? Man what has the world come to? Just kidding
I've got a Hyundai and a Rover. Kind of an odd couple lol. Bought the Rover when gas prices were very high and nobody wanted it, so it was VERY cheap. It is my weekend warrior/project car. For the amount of knowledge I've gained about vehicles off of the rover, the money was well spent in my opinion. That and I don't have a huge cell phone bill (my current phone is 3 years old), or the latest macbook (have an ibm thinkpad made in 2003). That and having a nice job helps .