General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome Pillar Covers...Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 01:58 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrome Pillar Covers...Help!

I recently purchased a 2003 Range Rover which I absolutely love except for the chrome pillar covers. They are so tacky and I want to change them, but not real sure what my options are. Were these just applied over the original black pillars. Can they be peeled off? Anyone have any experience with these?
Thanks

Old 04-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No experience with them but I bet that they are thier own peice and cannot be peeled off. If you are handy you can buff them up and then use SEM auto trim paint and paint them, or take them to a good body shop and they can do it for you. The DIY way is fairly easy and the BMW crowd does it all the time on the chrome around the windows, a lot of times it is called shadowline. Good Luck!

Old 05-04-2009, 07:08 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removed Chrome Pillars

If anyone else has these and wants to remove them I found a way that worked really well for me. I used a heavy weight fishing line, which I used is a saw motion to take them off. Once I got about 2-3 inches down I was able to slowly pull them off. Most of the adhesive backing came off with them, but any that remained I was able to rub off with my fingers. Not sure why anyone would put these on because it ruins the classic look in my opinion. By the way, make certain you are wearing gloves because the sharp edges of the chrome can cut you.
Cheers!