General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash Lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 12:08 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash Lights

When I start my RR the ABS, Brake and TC lights come on. The Brake, and TC light take a very long time to turn off. The ABS does not turn off until I start driving which I understand is normal. Can anyone tell me why the Brake and TC lights are taking so long to turn off? It is a 2000 RR HSE.

Old 09-26-2006, 12:17 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: Dash Lights

You may be at the beginning of a brake problem. How many miles on your truck, do you do alot of 4wheeling with it, and how odten do you change your brake fluid???
Mike

Old 09-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Overlanding

It only has 56000 on it. Actually I just purchased it so I have not done any of that.

Old 09-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Mudding

How long does it take for the lights to turn off, my lights take about 30 seconds and they are on because the brake pump has not built up enough pressure yet. If you ever try moving with the lights on and hit the brakes you will see that it's almost impossible to stop, but once the lights turn off then braking is at normal

Old 09-29-2006, 03:35 PM
Overlanding

Same. It takes almost 30 seconds or so for them to turn off. Sometimes they turn off right away but that is usually if I have been driving and then park for a short period of time. If it sits for a while then it takes the lights a while to turn off. Is this a problem that I should be worried about or is it normal?

Old 09-29-2006, 04:35 PM
Mudding

Well mine have been that way ever since i got it, i can tell i will have brake problems soon because whenever i hit the brakes those lights come on until the pump builds pressure again, Sometimes i will also get Traction Overheat in the message center

Old 09-30-2006, 12:50 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

ORIGINAL: esaycho

Well mine have been that way ever since i got it, i can tell i will have brake problems soon because whenever i hit the brakes those lights come on until the pump builds pressure again, Sometimes i will also get Traction Overheat in the message center
Sounds like you have a bad accumulator which will not allow your brake pressure to come up and stay.
You should have that check real soon before you burn out your ABS pump, BIG $$$$$'s.
Mike

Old 09-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Mudding

Well i'm wondering if it is the accumulator or some other factor, this only happens when it becomes colder, during the summer, all three lights will only come on if doing a panic stop. during the winter if i do anything but lightly tap them the lights come on, and occasionaly the Traction Overheat

Old 12-19-2006, 11:35 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: esaycho

Well i'm wondering if it is the accumulator or some other factor, this only happens when it becomes colder, during the summer, all three lights will only come on if doing a panic stop. during the winter if i do anything but lightly tap them the lights come on, and occasionaly the Traction Overheat
hii amnew on here this post made me sign up ihad this happen to me today and its cold out i wonder if the cold weather is haveing a affect on the brake fluid?

Old 01-26-2007, 01:03 PM
2nd Gear

*UPDATE*
after doing all the usual replace of brake fluid and bleeding i still had the problem of the 3 lights coming on when brakes where in use

today i fitted a new accumulater a ten min job and it all works fine no more lights !!!!!

HOPE THIS MAY HELP SOME OF YOU
all the best dom

Quick Reply: Dash Lights