General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership seized RR Sport motor 2 months ago ...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 05:01 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership seized RR Sport motor 2 months ago ...

Does this seem reasonable to anyone else?

2013 Range Rover Sport

2016:
Nov 21- Dropped off vehicle at Wilde Land Rover Sarasota @8am for bake service,installation of new tires, 4 wheel alignment and fix front end wheel shake, Ihave 4 other receipts from another dealership (closed and taken over by WildeAutomotive Sarasota) asking for this problem to be fixed.
  • Loaner Car – I was given the use of a Land RoverSport as a Loaner vehicle, very clean as I walked up to it, sat down adjustedthe seat and mirrors and went off to work, and this car was absolutely filthyon the inside, stains on the seats and console, with this dog hair everywhere.So much dog hair that when I went to put my jacket on after I arrived at mydestination it was unwearable since I draped it over the rear seat and the hairwas so thick. My coworker still brings up how filthy it was. A few days later Inoticed that the loaner was missing the left roof rail cover leaving bare boltssticking up. I have pictures to verify. I took to the car wash twice to get theinside clean.
  • 9:48 – received call from service departmentasking to perform 90k service since vehicle was 1200 miles from being due, Iapproved service to be done.
  • 1:53 – I received a vmx from the ServiceDirector asking me to call back concerning my vehicle …
  • 2:07 – I returned call, left vmx
  • 2:28 – Service Director called again to tell methe service was completed on my vehicle and the mechanic went for a test driveand apparently there was a malfunction with the oil gun, and the motor seizeddue to the fact there was no oil in the car. He proceeded to tell me they wouldhave a new engine in my car in 2 ˝ - 3 weeks.
Dec 26– I called the dealership to let them know the loaner had a nail in the frontright tire and asked if they would like to fix it or for me to take itsomewhere else? They asked for me to bring in. When the loaner was brought backup front, I said in passing to the Service Rep, “By the way, where do we standto the motor for my car?” I was told he would have to wait until later in theday since he would have to call California and they are 3 hours behind (thiswas at 9am).

2017:

Jan 4– I left a message for the Service Director to please call me with an updatesince I was never contacted after Dec 26th, I received a vmx fromthe service rep saying the motor they ordered went from Texas to South Carolinaand back to Texas and they needed to order another motor which was now in andbeing worked on, should be ready by Friday the 6th.

• Jan 9– I called the dealership and left a message looking for an update. Service repcalled me back and left a vmx saying the work would be completed by end of dayor the next.
I called the dealership asking again for anupdate, I was told this motor could not be “Timed” properly and would have tobe pulled and sent back before they could order another, which would be thethird motor.

Jan 20– I called Land Rover North America, and spoke to a Customer Service Rep andexplained the specifics quite clearly (20 minute call)

• Jan 22– I drove by the dealership and thought I saw my car out front, it was on theside entrance with the hood up and unlocked, still without a motor in it(pictures to verify).

• Jan 26– Received a vmx from the Land Rover North America service rep who proceeded toleave a message recapping exactly what I told her on the 22nd, andthat they should have my motor in by next week. I called back as soon aspossible and asked to speak to a Land Rover District or Regional representative… still zero response from Land Rover.
  • Feb 5– Vehicle is still out front with no motor, but at least the hood is closed.

This is my third Land Rover, I‘ve always been pleased in thepast with the vehicles AND Service, Is it just me or is this completely out oforder?

Old 02-05-2017, 07:25 PM
Winching
Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

My only advice is to seek legal counsel. I wouldn't post another post until I talked to a lawyer.