General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EAS fault

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 08:50 PM
val
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EAS fault

i was on the way to my house, and the eas fault message appeared. So then my front suspension went down, but the back one was normal. So i was able to get home , but thenext day my rear suspension also went down all the way to the bump. I had to drive to work on the bumps. I was suggested to check my air compressor. The air compressor was not good, so i bought a used but good working compressor. Now when i start the car the back suspension went up,but the front one doesn't even move. i manually checked my front airbags, and they're holding air. any suggetions on what i can do.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: EAS fault

do failed height sensors trigger the EAS fault?

Old 01-14-2009, 09:25 PM
val
Drifting

im sorry i m not good at mechanics staff dont know what you mean messege still show eas foult

Old 01-14-2009, 10:42 PM
Rock Crawling

Year of Rover?

height sensors can trigger faults. I would check the sensors with a multimeter if you're sure it's not failed bags or a bad o-ring to tubing connection.
or it could be the drive box, which is connected to the valve block, which sends signals to the EAS ECU.

I would really think you have faulty bags or a bad valve block because the front dropped and the compressor failed (yes they can just fail but generally it's due to extra work- i.e. leaking bags). Bad bags can still hold air

Old 01-15-2009, 12:01 AM
Mudding

What year Rover and what mileage? Sounds like your EAS problems are just starting to begin...

Old 01-15-2009, 07:20 AM
val
Drifting

i have 1999 rover and it has 150.000 miles

Old 01-15-2009, 05:49 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Val, do a search on this site for EAS fault the topic has been covered numerous times. Also kudos on the 99 with a buck fifty on it. These vehicles will last for ever with proper maintenance. I met another rover owner at the gas station with 200k on his.

Old 01-16-2009, 07:14 AM
Drifting

Just the other morning started my 95 up, (all EAS gear is new), got an EAS fault, front sat down eventually, but knew that everything was new as of 6 months ago. Got 140,000 on the RR.

Anyway, figured consider the cheapest fix, reason, (it was -5 degrees), Maybe one of the front bags was having trouble flippng up, frozen on the base meybe, WHO KNOWS, but recall reading somewhere this had happened, so I let the RR sit in the sun for a few hours, drove it to the coffee shop and back, then plugged in my EAS Buddy reset, it reset the EAS system, the compressor started, leveled everything out and has been OK for the last week.

Mechanic said that I was most probably right after he checked it all out.

I think skyguy said it right...........these RR's will last forever as long as Number 1: you take care of them and , Number 2, you learn that there are many things, 90% of the problems that happen can be fixed yourself.
It just takes the will to learn, the courage to start using a wrench and the patience to take your time, OH, and, a second car when you're taking your time being your own mechanic.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Drifting

Update!

Still OK, apparently the Bags, all four of them are brand new OEM as of August prior to me buying the RR.

I left the RR in access level all night and the next morning till about 11:00 AM.
We had a snow storm that night leaving 10" and -10 degrees with winds howling.

The right bag resting on the base, froze to the base just long enough for the system, (Mostly New), signaled a fault, rightfully, and of course, me being a novice IDIOT-, let it go onto full hard fault sitting there with the engine running.

(Had I turned the engine off and taken the key out to come back later, everything probably would have been OK)

Riding around on the bump stops will teach even the most stubborn owner a lesson of a lifetime!

I had used the EAS Buddy before on a friends car, but I had barrowed this one from another friend, and gave it back.
So, I ordered this one last week, plugged it in, it reset my fault, everything worked perfectly and I was on my way,

I urge everyone who has a P38 to buy one of these wonderful tools. I have absolutely -0- connection with the maker, NONE, but will stand by this product as it is worth it's weight in GOLD.

Old 01-20-2009, 12:08 PM
Rock Crawling

Personally I would recommend Storey Wilson's EAS software over the EAS Buddy. The Buddy just allows you to reset the codes whereas the EASunlock software allows you do read the codes, reset faults, and make EAS adjustments. And it's quite a bit cheaper!

RSWSolutions

Quick Reply: EAS fault