General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

eas foult speed 35 max

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 01:38 PM
val
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eas foult speed 35 max

hi guys i have 1999 range rover while driving home last night eas fault came up 35 speed max
check this morning rear bags still up front one almost down but not to bump point start engine and eas pump still working any saggestions

Old 12-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It could be a couple of things. Depending on the weather I get the fault when there is nothing wrong. The dipping bag could be the issue but if there is a leak then the compressor overheats and then it goes into fault mode and drops to the bump stops.

I would try to go start it and see if the fault goes away, then come back and tell what you got.

Old 12-26-2010, 05:45 PM
val
Drifting
Default eas relise

thank you for reply i did try to restart it but message still there,next day i made obd2 cable download unlock softwear and lucky all clear.but i have question is it normal for eas to release air i hear it once in a while under the hood and i think the pump works alot to. also you mention weather i remember it now it happend next day after we came from heavy snow.

thanks

Last edited by val; 12-26-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:44 PM
Mudding

I would check the bags and the valve block for air leaks first. The compressors wear out as well causing a long fill rate to the tank, which means the back will raise first then the front, also the eas codes usually don't clear themselves you have to clear them with a scan tool.

Last edited by sideburns; 12-26-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:51 PM
val
Drifting

i change bags last year,so they should be good, also check connections to block dont see any leaks. thanks for reply.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:58 PM
Recovery Vehicle

It could have just given you the fault, that is one of the things you need to deal with from a P38. Keep the RSW program and the cable, you never know when you may need it.

Old 12-28-2010, 08:31 PM
val
Drifting
Default Eas fault againe

just clear eas fault 35 max speed,next day it came up again while i was driving from work. Next morning i look at the car it was not on bump all 4 wheels stay on hwy level settings,that it was when foult happend.help please,also day before i checked every were for air leak using soap water. THANK YOU

Old 01-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Mudding

What fault codes do you have...it may be a software issue, a hight sensor issue or valveblock....

Old 01-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Recovery Vehicle

I think it is a sensor issue. Like I said before it is probably weather related. If the vehicle is not dropping tot he bump stops then it not really going into fault mode even though it says it is. Maybe try to unhook the EAS computer harness and then clean it out with air and see what it does after you hook it back up. It is under the drivers seat if you are not sure where to look.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:41 PM
val
Drifting

Hey guys, Thanks for all the help.

So I had a spare block and compressor. I changed them both and its still the same problem. The problem always happens on the freeway. I drive about 5 or 6 miles and it starts blinking after changing the highway settings and problem begins. The same thing happened 3 times.

Quick Reply: eas foult speed 35 max